Author Topic: Greetings from Gladstone  (Read 940 times)

Disasterbate

Greetings from Gladstone
« on: January 08, 2020, 12:40:30 AM »
Howdy hey ho hi, greetings from Gladstone. I'm Dominick (Dom for short). Lived in Gladstone for most of my life, with brief time in Milwaukie and Oregon City. Currently in my final term at Clackamas Community College for a certificate in video production. Been a Star Wars fan my entire life, mostly growing up on the prequels, but I love pretty much everything that has the Star Wars name attached to it.

Not an approved 501st/RL member yet, but after years of cosplaying, I think I'm ready to take on the challenge of a costume worthy of the requirements here. Currently looking into pre-armor Vader, Soontir Fel, and possibly a form of Clone armor. Due to my height I imagine I'd look a bit silly in Clone armor though (around 5'1". It's a hard knock life being so vertically challenged).

Until any of my costumes are done, I'd love to meet with any of the members in my general Gladstone/OC/Milwaukie area, as well as give a try at spotting and any other ways I can contribute before I'm an approved member.

Pleased to meet you all. :)

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: Greetings from Gladstone
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 08:14:16 AM »
Welcome!

Don't let height deter you from a costume you want to do. :) If you're on Facebook, there are some fantastic resources for vertically challenged troopers in the "A Little Short For A Trooper" group that you can check out. 

Offline NavySith

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 10:00:44 AM »
Welcome

Don't let height deter you from doing what character you want. 

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Disasterbate

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 01:30:46 AM »
Thank you both! I'll be sure to check that group out right away. :)

Offline Bodacieah

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 02:08:37 PM »
Welcome, I’m sure you will make a great clone’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 10:25:39 AM »
Welcome to the forums! As others have said, never let size deter you from choosing a costume. The 501st doesn't judge based on size, just on how the costume fits you, so anything is possible really.

Full armor would take the most work to get sized correctly, but costumes like the TIE Pilot, Biker Scout, Officer as good choices for half armor/no armor as well! Let us know if you have any questions, go with the costume that you like the best.
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 05:27:11 PM »
Welcome, Dom!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Tags: