Author Topic: Hello from Corvallis  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Joelohmolder

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello from Corvallis
« on: December 11, 2019, 12:21:36 PM »
Hello! My names Joe and I'm very new to this area of Star Wars fandom but I'm very interested in learning more! I'm currently studying at Oregon State University in Corvallis but I'm in Portland just about every weekend. Iv'e heard a lot about this organization and I really want to be a part of it!

I grew up watching The Clone Wars and I love the aesthetic of the Clone troopers (especially ARC Troopers) so I would hope to costume as one of them. I do admit that I have no idea what I am doing and I'm looking for guidance wherever I can get it.

I look forward to getting to know more of you and to participating in any upcoming events!

Offline NavySith

Re: Hello from Corvallis
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 03:54:48 PM »
Welcome
I currently have two Clones, a 212 grunt and ARC trooper Fives, any questions you have ask away.

If you haven't yet, go to the Rebel Legion Forum(http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/index.php), register if you haven't, and then go to Clones of the Republic there is information there about building a Clone for the Rebel Legion. Clones are duel members so go to The Clone Trooper Detachment(https://501stclonetroopers.com/forum/) and get information about the Clones of the 501st.

Scott

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline Joelohmolder

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 05:14:33 PM »
Thank you very much fro the information! I've introduced myself in the Clone Trooper Detachment and I registered for the Rebel Legion but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 08:50:31 PM »
Hello, my wife and I live in Corvallis (Adair Village). We have a couple of other members in Corvallis and a couple in Albany. Welcome to the boards.

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 09:53:47 AM »
The Clonetrooper detachment should have some info on where to pick up a kit, and all of the assorted things to go with it. Once you're dialed in on getting a big brown box of clone armor we can help you locally trim and assemble it. Keep an eye out on the public event section here for "Armor parties" where people bring their in progress stuff to help each other on.
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Blackthorpe

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 05:11:34 PM »
Woo! Another trooper in Corvallis! Welcome!

Now, let's get you kitted up so you can start trooping!
Screaming Porgs CO, Old Rex, Jedi Knight
TI 87711

Offline nukem25rs

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 06:37:54 AM »
Welcome! Always excited to see more clones!
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS
R2-Q5  Astromech.net user Nukem25rs
ARC Trooper Havoc
501stClonetroopers.com User Nukem25rs

Offline magpie

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2019, 08:58:21 AM »
If you don’t have a kit yet, sign up to be a spotter for those events that need one. I found it a great way to meet everyone and get advice before I started my costume and started trooping.

Offline Darth Porkin

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 10:07:56 PM »
Hi! My name is Matt (or Porkins, Darth Porkins..LOL) I just joined today and I am also in Corvallis. It is great seeing other locals here. I am just getting starting and if any of you have any tips on where I can order a TK kit I would appreciate it. I hope to meet all of you soon.

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 10:32:20 AM »
Welcome!

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2019, 10:53:03 AM »
Welcome, Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Obi Jon

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2020, 09:36:57 AM »
Welcome!
(TI-97303) "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains, and is, immortal." - Albert Pine

Tags: