Author Topic: Hello from Salem.  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Chrisdavid42

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello from Salem.
« on: July 22, 2019, 10:54:46 PM »
I am brand new to the idea of Trooping and looking for some support. I have chosen a Death Trooper build and joined the Spec Ops group. I'm curious how to go about meeting local members to start getting advice on my build?

Thanks in Advance.

Offline daryldoak

Re: Hello from Salem.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 08:00:57 AM »
Welcome to Cloud City Garrison!

One of the best way is to help us out at events as a spotter.

You can find current spotter opportunities here: https://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?board=52.0

We also post our public events, such as meet and greets, here: https://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?board=24.0
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:03:54 AM by daryldoak »
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline Chrisdavid42

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 05:35:24 PM »
I didn't see a post for Salem Movies in the park. Do you need spotters for that event?

Offline cglodt

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 01:34:19 PM »
Hi Chris, I’m also in Salem, feel free to contact me if you wish.
TK/TI/IG-65011

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 07:30:28 PM »
Hi Chris! We have 2 approved Deathtroopers currently in the Garrison, so feel free to meet up with any locals, or keep your eyes peeled for armor parties and more chances to spot.
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Flip

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 05:29:16 PM »
Hi Chris, welcome to Cloud City! I'm brand new here and also in Salem, look forward to meeting you and other troopers this fall!

Offline Chrisdavid42

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 06:06:37 PM »
Thanks for all the comments!!  I'm considering a cheaper costume to get into the legion. Does anyone have any advice on The imperial warrant officer? I think it looks a little sharper than imperial engineer, but I'm wondering if there is a beard or grooming policy for officers?
I'm also thinking about Last Jedi Luke, but that might be more expensive.

Thanks for all the advice and help so far.

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 08:33:30 PM »
I don't see any listed on the costume reference library that our Garrison Membership Liaisons review your costume with, so you're likely fine. I'd defer to them here, but with the exception of "face" characters the more generic costumes you can get away with a lot more ;)
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2019, 09:02:55 AM »
I don't see any listed on the costume reference library that our Garrison Membership Liaisons review your costume with, so you're likely fine. I'd defer to them here, but with the exception of "face" characters the more generic costumes you can get away with a lot more ;)
Beards and glasses are allowed on generic characters, such as officers and crew, but are not allowed on named characters, like Dengar, Darth Maul, Krennic, or Thrawn, unless they had them in the canon source.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline Sithlord

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2019, 08:21:20 PM »
Hi!

I'm also in Salem, and interested in getting involved. Glad to see some other folks from Salem on here!

Looking forward to meeting folks and finding ways to participate :)

Kris

Offline Obi Jon

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 09:48:44 PM »
Welcome to the Garrison all. I am also from Salem! Feel free to contact me anytime.  I am a old school barber at Daryl's Style and Barbershop  :D
(TI-97303) "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains, and is, immortal." - Albert Pine

Tags: