Author Topic: Hello from Portland!  (Read 3454 times)

Offline katrichelle

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Hello from Portland!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2019, 04:40:03 AM »
Welcome! Glad to see you on the forums! Enjoyed our chat through email and look forward to meeting you.
Hi Judy! Thank you, and I did as well. :)
I look forward to meeting you too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wlounsbury2901

Hello from Portland!
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2019, 09:18:37 AM »
Hi Karina!

I have a Barriss Offee, and I’m happy to share with you what I have done with my costume and/or any tips I have learned.

Oh, I’m from San Diego, so it’s great to meet someone else from SoCal.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 09:20:16 AM by wlounsbury2901 »

Offline katrichelle

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2019, 09:39:47 AM »
Hi Karina!

I have a Barriss Offee, and I’m happy to share with you what I have done with my costume and/or any tips I have learned.

Hello, it wonderful to meet you! I have family down in San Diego and Vista, absolutely love it down there :D

I would love to learn how you tackled Barriss Offee! I’ve been searching for fabric to screen match her movie cloak and so far haven’t quite nailed down a close match. Your assistance would be very much appreciated!

Offline wlounsbury2901

Hello from Portland!
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2019, 10:01:50 AM »
Hi Karina!

Hello, it wonderful to meet you! I have family down in San Diego and Vista, absolutely love it down there :D

I would love to learn how you tackled Barriss Offee! I’ve been searching for fabric to screen match her movie cloak and so far haven’t quite nailed down a close match. Your assistance would be very much appreciated!

There are social events on June 9th and July 27th. We will try to make both. I can bring a swatch of both fabrics for you to keep. I’ll also bring my belt buckle and the templates I created for the tattoos.

Feel free to message me if you want to coordinate dates.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 07:42:50 PM by wlounsbury2901 »

Offline hlmcgee

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2019, 04:22:51 PM »
Welcome, former California native from North Hollywood and Newhall aka Santa Clarita. Looking forward to trooping with you.
I am a Jedi, I'm one with the Force, and the Force will guide me.

Offline katrichelle

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 08:43:02 PM »
Hi Karina!

There are social events on June 9th and July 27th. We will try to make both. I can bring a swatch of both fabrics for you to keep. I’ll also bring my belt buckle and the templates I created for the tattoos.

Thank you so much! I’m extremely appreciative of your offer to help and will definitely be messaging you.

I had a business trip this past weekend, but plan on going to most of the event on July 27th.

Offline katrichelle

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2019, 08:43:43 PM »
Welcome, former California native from North Hollywood and Newhall aka Santa Clarita. Looking forward to trooping with you.

Thank you so much :D

Everyone’s so welcoming here, it’s wonderful!

Offline wlounsbury2901

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2019, 08:50:27 PM »
Hi Karina!

Thank you so much! I’m extremely appreciative of your offer to help and will definitely be messaging you.

I had a business trip this past weekend, but plan on going to most of the event on July 27th.

Fantastic! I’ll bring pieces of Barriss for you to look at. And I’ll bring swatches of the fabric for you to take with you.

Offline katrichelle

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2019, 05:00:56 PM »
Out of curiosity, I’ve been playing with the idea of attempting an Asajj Ventress costume but have been getting mixed information on whether her character has hair or is actually bald (as she is in the Clone Wars).

What do you guys think?

Offline wlounsbury2901

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2019, 05:03:08 PM »
Out of curiosity, I’ve been playing with the idea of attempting an Asajj Ventress costume but have been getting mixed information on whether her character has hair or is actually bald (as she is in the Clone Wars).

What do you guys think?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen her with hair. Check the CRL.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2019, 05:04:36 PM »
No hair is the CRL. Sadly the version of her with is not Canon from what I know.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Offline katrichelle

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2019, 05:07:02 PM »
No hair is the CRL. Sadly the version of her with is not Canon from what I know.

Okay cool, I appreciate that! I couldn’t find much that was verifiable about it, thank you! I’ll search through the CRL a bit more when I get home tonight :)

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2019, 05:08:29 PM »

Okay cool, I appreciate that! I couldn’t find much that was verifiable about it, thank you! I’ll search through the CRL a bit more when I get home tonight :)

Yeah her hair is from a novel that I believe is non-Canon. Though it is possible I'm wrong about it.

Tags: