Author Topic: Long time listener, first time caller  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Cheddar Johnson

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Long time listener, first time caller
« on: October 07, 2018, 07:30:36 PM »
Hi.  I'm Bob.  My friends call me Robert, Rob, Bob, Cheddar, and R-O-B.  But never am I called "Late for dinner."

I have been a fan of Star Wars ever since I saw those blue words, and the start of the John Williams masterpiece and then watching and reading the crawl.

I was previously registered under the name EnterTheRobster, but I deleted the account after never using it.  Well, now it starts.

I love the whole world of geek culture.  Star Wars started it, along with Marvel comics and sci-fi in general.

I participated in the October 7th Meet and Greet and had some good conversations with Lee, Alex, Darren, and Scott.

I am super excited to build a Republic Commando kit.  But, it seems very overwhelming, so, in order to jump right in, I figure, anything with a flight suit or easy-to-fit characters will be just fine.  As I talked with you guys, I have decided to due a little bit of everything.  I plan on doing the following builds, in this order:

- An Imperial Officer (preferably Army, but any will do)
- A Jedi (face character or generic)
- An Imperial TIE Pilot
- A Resistance Pilot (Temmin "Snap" Wexley)
- A Republic Commando (one from Omega Squad, from the novels by Karen Traviss)

I may be crazy but I am dedicated to do this before I die.  I just need someone to point me in the right direction, since I don't know the way.

Also, I want to build costumes for my wife and daughter, so that they can join me in my crazy adventure.

Thanks for reading, and give me what ya got.  Let me have it!!

Bob

Offline CJ49er

Re: Long time listener, first time caller
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 07:43:20 PM »
Welcome, Bob!

Sorry that I didn't get a chance to talk with you today. Lots of knowledge and great people around here, so you will get lots of help and info for your list. Very cool that you are building for your wife and kid also!
I have a TIE that I built mostly myself, so let me know if I can help when you get to that part of your list :)

SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 06:27:49 AM »
Welcome to the madness. Not sure if this helps with your build process, but we have a Jedi group build coming up soon. Love the RC’s, those KT books are some of my favorites.

Offline jj49

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 07:19:36 AM »
Welcome! Glad you were able to make it to the meet and greet! You'll find lots of great info and help whenever needed here. Armor parties and group builds happen too, which are additional fun! Look forward to seeing your builds and meeting you and your family. Congratulations on the new adventures ahead!
TB-14944

Offline valkyrio

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 11:38:25 AM »
Welcome, Bob!  It was good to meet you and your family yesterday!  While you're planning the costuming, joining troops as a spotter is also a good way to get involved and make connections.

Offline Bodacieah

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 07:27:51 PM »
Nice to have a JR Clone interested in joining us.  I look forward to welcoming you to the Cloud City Jungle. 
NavyJade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 09:02:12 PM »
Welcome Bob! One to keep in mind with this hobby is never be afraid to ask questions or ask questions and post pictures related to said questions.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Tags: