Author Topic: Dax Corrin's Galactic Academy Gunner  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Dax Corrin

Dax Corrin's Galactic Academy Gunner
« on: January 29, 2018, 12:01:37 PM »
My GA cadet has revealed to me that he would be less self-conscious with a helmet covering his face. So, after chatting, we are getting him set up as an Imperial Gunner like his dad.
He already has a belt he can use from his IO, and a blaster and a pair of the Disney SW cuffs for "detaining enemies of the Empire" and I have an extra comm-pad as well so the needs were proper boots, a flight suit, and helmet/bib or hard armor.
Flight suit was an off the shelf sized Cosplaysky that fit well. Minor issues were comm pad window opening too small for comm-pad I had, and one of the cogs on the shoulder wasn't "clocked" correctly. A local alterations house has the flight suit for these fixes, should be done by mid-week. I will then add some elastic for stirrups to keep the legs snug in the boots.
New boots for me = hand me down boots for him. Mine are still serviceable but have always been a bit too small, but not to the point of discomfort. They fit him well enough with a bit of room to grow.
 Still have to cut straps off and paint the upper buckle a flat black or grey on the new boots.
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline Dax Corrin

Re: Dax Corrin's Galactic Academy Gunner
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 12:27:29 PM »
Taught the lad some soldering skills as we built a new helmet fan for his helmet. Comm-box LEDs will be later after the helmet shows up. Not really for cooling more for keeping the visor clear.

Offline Dax Corrin

Re: Dax Corrin's Galactic Academy Gunner
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 11:31:38 AM »

Tags: