Author Topic: Hover Tank Trooper WIP  (Read 1131 times)

Hikuro1983

Hover Tank Trooper WIP
« on: February 03, 2019, 03:48:37 PM »
Most of you know, since March last year I bought the A_NOvos tank trooper helmet and I just fell in love with how it looked and felt. At first I tried to do a 3D Printed version a few weeks later after coming home from ECCC. But I ran into way to many complications that ended up putting the project on hiatus. Well now shoot to December and I got a fantastic opportunity to buy a kit.
January rolls on by and I get my kit from Imperial Surplus, yep the guy who does the Clone kits.  I got to work right away bringing my kit to work early in the morning before I start my long grueling days at the office for a week.

With me getting ready to move, finding time has been difficult, but decided today was a day of rest from packing and wanted to continue trimming and doing a rough assembly. So here's where I'm at right now....
started out doing the limbs, if I can finish these then the rest of the kit should be fairly easy to assemble.
right arm assembly is roughly figured out, but my biceps are still a bit tight for what I like, there's almost no overlap which concerns me a bit. I may have to shim like an 8th of an inch which is ridiculous! Forearms feel good, maybe just trim the length a bit at the wrist.
an hour later and everything is roughly trimmed and sized....I need to refine the edging and check my scales but I'm roughly set there.

played with the ab and kidney, I'm sorry, this'll need to be shimmed so badly....I mean this is like a 30 inch waist! My GOD!

torso is tested....I need to shim the side pieces, not sure how I'll go abouts in doing that though.

legs, kind of tricky, I don't really like how these assembled so I'm not set in stone on getting these glued at this moment.

Well that's all for now....I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need some assistance to get the finer details done but I'm taking a break and gonna start getting the casted parts cleaned up tonight.

Offline CJ49er

Re: Hover Tank Trooper WIP
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 08:55:01 AM »
some good progress, nice work
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 01:16:10 AM »
Nice!
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Hikuro1983

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 09:19:04 PM »
Progress today, a lot of progress.

So earlier this week was my 10 year anniversary at work, and they gave me a nice bonus simply because I'm the first to ever hit this mile stone in the company that has only existed for 8 years.

Went to home depot the next day and bought myself a bench sander cause I super needed it for this. I was tired of having to use mediocre tools providing a subpar finish.
and because of the cold I got a nice heater :D

Shoulder bells are ready for cleaning and painting.
this collar was difficult for some reason. As I tried to cut down the supports it would release air sounding like a fart and kind of stunk. Took a lot of work to get the numbs off of it but it needed to be smoothed out so I applied some bondo spot putty. and sanded it down which honestly didn't result in much of a change. I'll need to tape off a couple of areas and dab some glue or something in the air pockets to fill it in.

Trimmed several difficult pieces down and smoothed them out as much as possible. I surprisingly spent 5 hours in the garage today doing all of this.
The result was promising, I managed to get all of the parts trimmed and sanded down. I have a few parts I want to refine the edges with and get them tight. But the mass majority of the kit is ready for assembly I believe. However with no instructions I'm a little lost on what I exactly need to do with certain parts like the shin covers to knees, how those attach to eachother or even to the shins themselves.

Tags: