Author Topic: Prospective Darth Nihilus in Cottage Grove  (Read 1369 times)

Offline DarthCephalus

Prospective Darth Nihilus in Cottage Grove
« on: September 17, 2017, 02:57:46 PM »
 Hello all,

My name is James, but I am known on YouTube and on many forums as Darth Cephalus. My name comes from my two great loves: Star Wars and the Cthulhu Mythos. I have been active in the lightsaber and flow arts community for some time, but decided I would like to take the plunge and become part of the larger fan community. The 501st and their commitment to charity and fandom seemed like a good way to go.

By trade, I am a college teacher and small business owner near Eugene, Oregon. On a personal level, I am a husband and father. Costumes and lightsaber duels are a big part of my family.

I am currently working to build a Darth Nihilus costume. Nihilus has always fascinated me. He is a character unlike any others, and is probably the SW universe's closest thing to a Cthulhu Mythos character. I appreciate his un-nuanced and archetypal nature. I am working with Wicked Armor to get the costume. 

In future, I am interested in becoming a double agent, as I understand there are difficulties with having a single costume representing a face character, but Nihilus and the 501st are my intended entry point.

I also appreciate any suggestions or comments as I am wholly new to trooping and to costume groups. I have likewise introduced myself on the Flagship Eclipse forum, but it would be good to know of any other steps I should take once my costume parts arrive and I can begin submitting them for review.

Offline CadBane3

Re: Prospective Darth Nihilus in Cottage Grove
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 05:03:20 PM »
Hello and welcome! Always great to have more folks in Eugene!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline Beckett

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 06:51:01 PM »
Welcome
You can also find me on Facebook: Josh Beckett or Facebook Messenger. Or if you hate those you can shoot a text to 503-999-4664
joshmbeckett@gmail.com

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 10:16:33 PM »
Welcome James! 
we do have a couple of other Nihilus, but they have multiple costumes so I think you wouldn't MUCH have trouble trooping with that face character. Multiple costumes is always a good choice though :)

The only suggestions that I can provide for Nihilus is check the CRL, join the detachment (you already have) and maybe get some hints from our local Nihilus, but most of all-HAVE FUN with it!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline DarthCephalus

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 06:10:50 PM »
Thank you. I will try to do that. I just started my WIP thread today. Out of curiosity, do you think there is likely to be any complication with dual membership with The Dark Empire?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:56:58 PM by DarthCephalus »

Tags: