Author Topic: Looking to become a spotter  (Read 1917 times)

Offline ccand8

Looking to become a spotter
« on: August 01, 2017, 07:19:56 PM »
Hello,

My name is Christopher Anderson and I am looking to become a spotter with the Cloud City Garrison. I would love to help out in any way during events and charities, and I am also looking to learn how to make or steps to creating my own armor (scout trooper, scariff trooper, clone, or TIE pilot). Please let me know how I can begin my journey with this awesome organization. 

Offline CadBane3

Re: Looking to become a spotter
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 09:13:35 PM »
Hello Chris and welcome! I'm so glad you made it here. Spotters are awesome and always very needed. Someone will chime in about how to go about getting started in spotting (I don't want to mislead you).

For the scout trooper and scariff trooper (shoretrooper) you'll find a lot of resources on the Pathfinders detachment forum (bikerscout.net) and the TIE Pilot would be found on the Jolly Roger Squadron forum. Perhaps somebody could chime in on the clones as I'm not sure where they are found (Scott?).

Those websites are good resources to research build supplies and materials and even vendors if you want some of the parts made for you. If you want to start from scratch and craft it all yourself, I'm certain that there are build logs available there that will show you what other people did. Also, if you are building something, keep a mirror log on this forum so local people can chime in and offer help.

Ask lots of questions, you'll find everybody here pulling for you to succeed and get to trooping!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline ccand8

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 09:43:55 PM »
Hello Chris and welcome! I'm so glad you made it here. Spotters are awesome and always very needed. Someone will chime in about how to go about getting started in spotting (I don't want to mislead you).

For the scout trooper and scariff trooper (shoretrooper) you'll find a lot of resources on the Pathfinders detachment forum (bikerscout.net) and the TIE Pilot would be found on the Jolly Roger Squadron forum. Perhaps somebody could chime in on the clones as I'm not sure where they are found (Scott?).

Those websites are good resources to research build supplies and materials and even vendors if you want some of the parts made for you. If you want to start from scratch and craft it all yourself, I'm certain that there are build logs available there that will show you what other people did. Also, if you are building something, keep a mirror log on this forum so local people can chime in and offer help.

Ask lots of questions, you'll find everybody here pulling for you to succeed and get to trooping!

Thank you! Looking forward to working with the group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 10:54:07 PM »
Hi Christopher!

Welcome to the forums, and feel free to ask any questions that come up!

Like Michael said, for Biker Scouts and Shoretroopers you can sign up here:
http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php

Clonetroopers:
http://501stclonetroopers.com/forum/

Tie Pilots:
https://www.jrs501st.com/forums/index.php

We have a number of each costume here in Cloud City, so when spotting you can usually ask questions of the costumes in question!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Online CJ49er

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 06:45:30 AM »
Welcome Christopher!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline NavySith

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 07:38:29 PM »
Welcome
Yes the Clonetrooper Detachment (http://501stclonetroopers.com/forum/) is a great place to go for everything Clone. I'm a 212th Clone so any questions feel free to ask.

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline ccand8

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 01:36:56 PM »
Hello and thank you for the links. Looking forward to working with all of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: