Author Topic: Greetings from Clackamas/Portland  (Read 2746 times)

Offline RazrSquall

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Greetings from Clackamas/Portland
« on: May 03, 2017, 12:53:03 PM »
Hi! I'm Will, AKA RazrSquall. I'm super excited to get started building a costume and joining the 501st! I've read some other posts, so I've got myself signed up for some of the forums.

I have always been a Star Wars nerd, ever since my dad showed me the 1st Star Wars movie. He waited in line to see them in theaters and his love for a galaxy far far away has been passed down. I was at my 1st ever Comic Con in Seattle this March and went to a panel for the 501st (Havoc Garrison). I had no idea you guys even existed!!! I always volunteer when I can (in fact my job encourages its employees to volunteer), so now I'm even more excited to pair that with something else I'm passionate about!

Please share with me your wisdom, insights and advice as I embark on this journey to join the Empire.

Offline bdixonarts

Re: Greetings from Clackamas/Portland
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 01:38:08 PM »
Welcome aboard I am sure you will have great fun embarking on this exciting journey :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 01:43:22 PM »
Welcome.  What costume are you interested in building?
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline RazrSquall

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 01:53:40 PM »
Well, my ultimate goal is some type of Sith Lord..... Maybe Revan or even Vader (I'm sure there are tons of them though). But I thought I should start simple (and hopefully less expensive?) with some form of Stormtrooper. I was looking at whitearmor.net and I know there are several versions. Maybe the First Order version? Maybe not? I don't know. I'm hoping for help and guidance.....

Offline sitpadeshu

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 02:28:48 PM »
Welcome aboard Will. :). Being a TK is pretty fun. :)
ID/TA-41414

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 02:42:58 PM »
TKs are a great choice! There can never be too many of them, and they look great in a group. Welcome!

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 03:08:20 PM »
Welcome Will! 
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 03:08:34 PM »
Stormtroopers (TKs) are a great way to get started! FISD (Whitearmor.net) is a great resource, and covers much of what is needed in builds. There's some amazing build logs by folks there that can really guide you through the process.

We have 2 First Order Stormtroopers right now, with a number of us waiting or building kits too l. I'm waiting on my FO TK kit to arrive in late summer (hopefully) and I've done some research into getting parts so feel free to hit me up for info too.

A great way to get involved locally would be to "spot" at our events and help out. This gives you an idea of how we do things on a local level and also you can pick the brain of people who already have the costume! Check out the spotters forum here if that interests you.

Welcome to the boards, keep us updated on your progress!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:15:02 PM by Lidocaine »
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 03:31:07 PM »
Well, my ultimate goal is some type of Sith Lord..... Maybe Revan or even Vader (I'm sure there are tons of them though). But I thought I should start simple (and hopefully less expensive?) with some form of Stormtrooper. I was looking at whitearmor.net and I know there are several versions. Maybe the First Order version? Maybe not? I don't know. I'm hoping for help and guidance.....

Welcome!  I'm not too far from you.  All of your ideas for costumes are great!  When you're choosing, don't worry about how many we may already have.  We have a few Vaders but lots of events!  Pick the one you want to costume.  I costume Revan and he's very fun.  The Stormtrooper is always going to be extremely popular at our events too so you can't go wrong there.  I don't know if you've priced those kits yet but the Revan I have wasn't too much more than a Stormtrooper, depending on your vendor.  Before the saber, of course!   If you have questions about Revan, let me know. 
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline RazrSquall

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 03:44:12 PM »
Stormtroopers (TKs) are a great way to get started! FISD (Whitearmor.net) is a great resource, and covers much of what is needed in builds. There's some amazing build logs by folks there that can really guide you through the process.

We have 2 First Order Stormtroopers right now, with a number of us waiting or building kits too l. I'm waiting on my FO TK kit to arrive in late summer (hopefully) and I've done some research into getting parts so feel free to hit me up for info too.

A great way to get involved locally would be to "spot" at our events and help out. This gives you an idea of how we do things on a local level and also you can pick the brain of people who already have the costume! Check out the spotters forum here if that interests you.

Welcome to the boards, keep us updated on your progress!
Thank you so much! Yes I think I'm going to start with a FO TK (or FN....?). I'd love some help getting started.

I will definitely sign up to be a spotter. Thank you for the help!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline RazrSquall

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 03:59:43 PM »

Welcome!  I'm not too far from you.  All of your ideas for costumes are great!  When you're choosing, don't worry about how many we may already have.  We have a few Vaders but lots of events!  Pick the one you want to costume.  I costume Revan and he's very fun.  The Stormtrooper is always going to be extremely popular at our events too so you can't go wrong there.  I don't know if you've priced those kits yet but the Revan I have wasn't too much more than a Stormtrooper, depending on your vendor.  Before the saber, of course!   If you have questions about Revan, let me know.

Thank you L Kamino! I think I'm going to start with a First Order TK, but I will definitely build Revan eventually. I want to do it right and I've seen the amazing lightsabers they can make.... I'm not gonna skimp on that when I do Revan. I will reach out to you when I'm ready to build Revan.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 04:06:01 PM »
First Order TK is a great choice!  Revan will be there for you when you're ready too.   :D
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline Beckett

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 06:03:20 PM »
Welcome
You can also find me on Facebook: Josh Beckett or Facebook Messenger. Or if you hate those you can shoot a text to 503-999-4664
joshmbeckett@gmail.com

Tags: