Author Topic: Newbi  (Read 2395 times)

Offline TAC

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Newbi
« on: January 26, 2017, 09:22:29 AM »
Hey all,

Todd here, and from Salmon Creek Vancouver, WA. Since I made my first lightsaber out of a plumbing metal pipe and a painted red broomstick handle at the age of 12 after seeing Star Wars in 1977, I have wanted to be a part of the Star Wars Universe. After Military, marrage, raising 2 children and establishing my career, I am ready and very exited to get going on my dream that I put on hold for too many years. I have discovered and researched the threads you have posted. Thank you for all the great information.
I have decided to pursue becoming part of the Sith Lord Detachment. Darth Vader has always been my desire and look forward to getting started with the 501St and collecting what will be needed to complete the Ensemble.

Thank you for the invite and looking forward to a new chapter and new friends.

Offline Lidocaine

Re: Newbi
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 09:33:34 AM »
Welcome to the forums Todd!

Vader is an iconic guy! We have a few in Cloud City so feel free to poke around and ask questions. The Sith Lord Detachment is a great resource, it sounds like you're on your way! Keep us updated with your progress, it's always exciting to see the big guy come together.
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Mosi

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »
Welcome! Any idea what version you want to do?
pew pew

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 12:24:28 PM »
Hello Todd! I live in salmon creek too. Wouldn't be much help with a Vader build but am willing to try to help if possible. Looking forward to meeting you sometime!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline Pixelito

• Cloud City Retired
  • Bats EVERYWHERE!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 12:34:41 PM »
Welcome aboard!
Alas, I can't be of much help with Vader either, but definitely start a build log here once you get started!
TK-16924
Heavy Weapons Trooper

Offline TAC

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 03:20:12 PM »
Welcome! Any idea what version you want to do?

I really do not know, just gathering information and I am open to any advice.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 04:35:46 PM »
Welcome Todd!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline NavySith

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 04:51:30 PM »
Welcome

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline bigguynextdoor

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 08:35:04 PM »
Welcome aboard!

Vader is a fun journey,

DO YOUR RESEARCH! before purchasing anything! We currently have four approved Vader's that I know of in the garrison, 2 ROTJ, 0 ESB, 1 ANH(Me) and 1 ROTS with currently waiting approval on one ESB. Believe me, ROTJ and ESB are much easier to get parts for. It can take up to 1-2 years to build a Vader, so don't feel bad if parts take forever. If you build the ANH it's the harder of the five versions as parts are rare to come by. Much easier to get ESB or ROTJ. I don't know too much about the Rouge One version yet?

SLD will be your best for any info on vendors, etc,..
Good luck on your build.

~SL 20461

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 08:36:44 PM by bigguynextdoor »
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing."

ANH Darth Vader
SL 20461

Offline TAC

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 08:38:07 AM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am still going through tons of posts on SLD and getting great info. I did have a question of the Vaders here. What is the minimum height you recommend? I am 5'11" and if I have a 1/12 inch heal it will boost me over 6 feet. I did not find any threads on SLD concerning this. Just do not want to be a short big guy, :shock:

Thanks again

Offline bigguynextdoor

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 09:22:06 PM »
David Prowse (Vader) was 6' 5-6" in his prime. The costume was worn at a height of 6' 8" for a man with a 260lb bodybuilding frame. They do have different size parts out there, example, chest armor. The guy had a 53" chest, so 1:1 scale armor can be tricky, there is a smaller size set out there. However foam padding can help too, or time at the gym. :) The only size that can't be played with is the helmet. Good thing to bear in mind, this costume is a heavy one! The cape can weigh up to 10lbs, the helmet if fiberglass can be 9-13lbs, etc,.. I know my whole Vader weighs in the ball park of 37-43lbs, and a strong back helps!

This being said there are many Vaders of different heights out there in the Legion.

He's a very fun character, but with the glory goes the suffering. :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 09:24:00 PM by bigguynextdoor »
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing."

ANH Darth Vader
SL 20461

Offline nukem25rs

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 06:51:48 AM »
Welcome!
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS