Author Topic: Fanfilm Project - "Star Wars Freeway"  (Read 2825 times)

Offline kschmadeka

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Fanfilm Project - "Star Wars Freeway"
« on: February 28, 2016, 09:52:28 PM »
Hello,

My name is Kevin and I'm working on putting a fanfilm project together.  It's going to be called "Star Wars Freeway" and it'll be about a guy who's stuck in traffic, and escapes by daydreaming that he's flying an X-wing down the freeway.  From there his daydream more or less recreates the Death Star assault, albeit traveling down I-5.  I first got this idea when I realized how easy it would be to take stock footage traveling down the freeway and insert spaceships.  Here's one little experimental shot:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVOWrFvWFus

The script is in the formative stages and I'm interested in knowing what sort of actors, costumes, props, etc. might be available and interested. At the least we'll be needing a few stormtroopers, TIE fighter pilots, Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Han and Chewbacca, Rebel pilots, and probably there will be room for lots more characters and creatures. 

While I live up north in Puyallup, my younger brother lives in Vancouver WA and we could set up our green screen studio there for filming, where it's closer to you.  Filming can be done over time as availability and scheduling works out.  It's going to be a labor of love, I'll be paying the expenses out of my pocket. 

My brother and I previously did this Star Trek parody:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgB_xOK9V9Y  This project is going to be a lot more ambitious though.  Many spaceship models are getting blown up for this too. :)

So whoever is interested in being a part of it, please reply here or email me at k.schmadeka@mindspring.com .  I also welcome the actors to share ideas for what you'd like to do with your characters, I'll use whatever I can.  Knowing what sort of characters, costumes, and props are available will help with getting it scripted.  If anyone has built any sets, especially cockpit sets, we can sure make use of that too.  Assuming it happens we hope to film this summer.  Look forward to your replies! 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 09:55:22 PM by kschmadeka »

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: Fanfilm Project - "Star Wars Freeway"
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 09:56:02 PM »
Everyone--this is fine for us to participate from a Legion perspective in as long as the script is family-friendly (and Kevin knows this already). Feel free to join in if this is something you'd like to do!

Offline kschmadeka

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 07:05:58 AM »
It is.  Worst thing I want to put in it is a metal-bikini Princess Leia, but that's obligatory...

Offline Han_Solo

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 02:46:47 PM »
I'd love to be a part of this. I have Han Solo outfits from all three films, and am working on a TFA outfit as well. Hope you can find a Chewy to join in the fun! My schedule is pretty wonky right now, but if you're willing to work around it, I'd love to help! :)

Offline kschmadeka

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 03:16:33 PM »
Great, thanks for responding!  I picked up a nice big Millennium Falcon model when they had them at Wal-Mart for $60, one of the authentic-looking ones.  You'll be swooping in in that to save my hide right when Vader's about to blast me. 

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 12:54:04 AM »
If you're in need of a Rebel pilot, I have a costume. I have a B-wing pilot costume, though, not an X-wing pilot.
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline kschmadeka

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 02:23:06 AM »
I'm sure we can make that work, and there'll be a variety of ships so it's possible we could squeeze in a B-wing too.

Something else we'll need is a couple Ewoks.  And I kind of hate saying this, but.... I need someone to be Porkins.  Anyone else with another creature or character outfit who's interested let me know, so I can work it into the script. 

Tags: