Author Topic: OryCon and Cloud City Garrison  (Read 5986 times)

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: OryCon and Cloud City Garrison
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 10:29:13 AM »
Are you going to be at the Powells thing?  I can get you the picture then.

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 10:34:20 AM »
I'll try to be there..... I have a dentist appointment that day, so it all depends on what is going on.

PM me and I will send you my address if you can swing mailing it to me. It should only take a couple of days t reach me if it is sent out right away.

Same goes to EVERYBODY in the garrison. Please send me some 4x6 photos of you in your armor so that I can put it in the photo album that will be displayed at the OryCon table.

Thanks!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 02:14:17 PM »
Bill I'm still a go for this operation,I'll contact you later today to plan more for this event
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 02:26:22 PM »
Excellent. I look forward to hearing from you. Sorry about flaking out Sunday night... as you know, I was in more pain and discomfort from my mouth.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 09:33:43 PM »
So here is a final tally (so far) from those who expressed an interest in costuming with CCG/KB:

- one woman is interested in doing a Jawa costume. Not only for herself, but one for her 7 year old son, as well. You see that Chris and Dave? We get a Jawa in the garrison, between her and her son and you guy's boys, we'll have a whole clan of those Jawas infesting our garrison!  :mrgreen:

- we have a guy who is almost 100% complete with a Han Solo (that's one for KB), but he is also interested in doing the Imperial Officer's uniform. His significant other ( I don't know if she is a wife or just a girlfriend ) is also wanting to do Imperial Officer. Sorry Rebels, she just wasn't feeling the light.

- we have another guy who is wanting to do a stormtrooper.

- we have a couple of other young ladies who are interested in doing Princess Leia and Padme`. In fact, I think if Katie (yes, another Katie) were to submit her ANH Leia, she would get in for KB. On a side note, Katie is also wanting to make other costumes to donate to the garrison. I think we can swing them over to the Dark Side.

All-in-all, we have a pretty good mix of new people from OryCon coming in. This is definitely a win-win for both Cloud City Garrison and Kashyyyk Base!

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline Hoot

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 11:40:30 PM »
OryCon: My report
   This is my first Con so please bear with me.  I think the Con went well.  To do this report I decided to pick areas, and rate1, those that were important.
    1)   Fun:  7.5
    2)   Food: 4.5
    3)   Dealers: 6.0
    4)   Workshops: 0.0
    5)   Interest:  10.0
    6)   Overall: 8.5
So what does all of the above mean?  Here it is:

Fun: Most of the "fun" was the various costumes that one could see.  Everything from anime, a kid in a red Inu Yasha-type robe, to Steampunk and *coughs* Star Trek.  The most laughs I had were when I was talking with one, of Bill's friends, who was dressed as a Klingon.  Then there were the old Biker Scout jokes. (You'll see in the pictures I took, when I get them digitized.)

Food: I was not impressed with food.  I was very grateful for the pizza run that Nick (the girls2, & Bill) made on Saturday.  Otherwise it was half sandwiches, veggies, chips, and some type of Mexican (?) dish served on Sunday.  Of course it wasn't until Sunday that I found out the hotel didn't give the commissary any kitchen privileges.

Dealers: There were a lot of dealers from jewelers to comic book stores.  There were also two dealers who sold weapons (knives, axes, etc.) Otherwise I was impressed with a lot of the dealers and plan to shop on line with them in the future.

Workshops: I can't comment on them because I was manning the booth, right BILL & NICK. :x  :wink: Plus I wasn't there to go to any of the workshops; so no loss there.

Interest: There was a lot of interest in our booth; thanks to Bill (location, location, location) we were at, or near, the center of all the Cons activity, which helped.

Overall: With the signing, of those who are interested, and the number of "hits", those who stopped by; I believe that the Convention can be counted as a success.  Plus we got a better explanation for the "No buckets or blasters" rule. The overall score for this area; however was lessened due to the "meals".

Would I go back next year? *In a confident voice* Yes, I would.  Not because it may be another event, for the Garrison/ Base.  But because next year I want to go, and see, what the workshops are about.  And to, maybe, also participate in some of the other convention activities.

Notes:
    1)   My only other experience in a convention type environment is when I was in the Boy Scouts.  So I will use a scale of 1 (very bad) to 10 (very good).
    2)   See Bill's report.

Finally I want to thank the Rebel Legion members, Kyle & Tiger for stopping by.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 11:59:16 PM by Oomar Galor »
-Matthew

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 10:01:57 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, Matt. I will make it a point to be sure to let you go attend any workshops that you are interested in seeing next year. That is totally my bad for not being more sensitive to that. My apologies.

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline Hoot

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2008, 10:51:35 AM »
PM Sent
-Matthew

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008, 04:30:10 PM »
PM received.

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 02:51:06 PM »
does this still need to be stickied?
Paul

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 08:18:52 PM »
No it doesn't.... an oversight on my part. I'll fix it.

Thanks!

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Tags: