Author Topic: Phase 2 shiny  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Rottenheim

• Craig's Facebook
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Phase 2 shiny
« on: February 16, 2016, 12:09:18 PM »
Hey Gang! So, I've met a couple of you during a couple Salvation Army Christmas events, and am excited to announce that I'll hopefully be joining the ranks soon.

I was able to obtain a mostly complete set of armor (I know, I know, I cheated) and am working on repairs and completing the remaining pieces/parts. I picked it up from a co-worker who sadly is getting divorced and hasn't trooped in some time. We're approximately the same build so it shouldn't need too much alteration, and I would appreciate any pointers anyone has for alterations that might need to be made.

I was talking with TurboCam and he mentioned a Rex and Echo in the works, and I was really on the brink of doing a 501st Clone to begin with and that just pushed it a bit further.

The bucket is going to be the real test for me, with all the sanding, filling, and forming. It's not a plastic cast and I'm not sure of the source, but I'm very much looking forward to the experience. So, without further ado, here are the pictures. 

There are a few buttons and snaps that need to be raplaced (right shoulder is an obvious one) and the belt needs to be completed as well, but I think it's a great foundation.

Oh, and shoes should be en-route. =D

This morning I started working on the bucket, sanding off the mold lines and excess material.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:23:42 PM by Rottenheim »

Offline CJ49er

Re: Phase 2 shiny
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 03:25:01 PM »
cool stuff! welcome to the club. I want to build a clone....someday :)
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 03:47:43 PM »
Nice! Always glad to see more clones in progress!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline NavySith

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 02:31:22 PM »
Welcome.

It is nice to see more clones. I currently have the 212th Clone, if you haven't already done so the Clone Trooper Detachment(http://501stclonetroopers.com/forum/) is a great place to get Clone information.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:33:38 PM by NavySith »

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline Rottenheim

• Craig's Facebook
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 04:28:39 PM »
Thanks everyone fro the welcome! Scott, I introduced myself and started a WIP thread over there. I think you and I had discussed the arrival of my armor at in December. I'm looking forward to picking everyone's brains and getting this done. It's looking like I might have to replace the chest and back, but should be able to use the rest. I'm stoked.

Offline Rottenheim

• Craig's Facebook
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 03:59:45 PM »
So turns out the chest is fine, it's the cod, chest and butt-plate that I will need to replace. That and find the pieces to finish the bucket. I'm trying to fill in a few bubbles and nicks in said bucket, and am trying to find alternates to Bondo. I think that it is made mostly of fiberglass, any recommendations?

Offline Sinanju20

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 05:27:46 PM »
Hi!, If the helmet is truly made of fiberglass, I have had a lot of luck with West Systems adhesive filler for epoxy. It will make the epoxy like putty and allow you to fill in any gaps, then sand smooth. Hope this helps.
TK-10149

Tags: