Author Topic: MISSION COMPLETE 10.29.22: Scarecrow Row in Klamath Falls! - Klamath Falls, Oregon  (Read 604 times)

Offline Rebelaerialist

PHOTO UPLOADING LINK: https://starwarsoregon.smugmug.com/upload/jkFH3t/scarecrow22

EVENT TYPE: 501/RL Formal
WHAT: Scarecrow Row in Klamath Falls!
WHERE:
Main Street (usually use the Library as a changing area) in Klamath Falls, Oregon
DATE: Saturday, October 29th
TIME: 10:00am to 2:00pm

CAUSE:
Klamath Falls Downtown Association
Would be happy to make a donation to Klamath Basin kids-focused charity (Citizens for Safe Schools, Friends of the Children, etc.)
PARKING: Plenty of parking available in the downtown area
CHANGING AND STORAGE:
Usually use the Klamath County Library (I'm contacting them to see if this is an option this year)
COSTUME REQUESTS: Good guys and bad guys! But definitely storm troopers and Chewbacca if possible!
BLASTER POLICY: Blasters and lightsabers are fine.
MEMBERS' CHILDREN IN COSTUME: Yes, children in costume are welcome to attend
OTHER DETAILS: Halloween/harvest festival focused on kids activities. The Klamath Falls Downtown Association is a non-profit group of business owners, professionals, and property owners all working together to create, maintain, and promote a vibrant downtown community. Scarecrow Row is one of their major events. Trooping will involve interacting with the public on Main Street.
ANYTHING ELSE: Looking forward to seeing you all again!
EVENT WEBSITE: http://downtownklamathfalls.org

ROSTER:
Cheyenne - Jakku Rey
Cara - Depa Billaba
Emily - Cloud City Leia
Alex - TBD
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 05:05:06 PM by jj49 »

Offline Aislinn_raiN

I'll be there! And I'll be wearing Depa Billaba.

Offline EldawenEmileia

• Rebel Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Have you heard anything about the changing possibility yet? My Leia hairstyle is better if I can put it up either at or near the location, so my it doesn't get in a fight with the seat of the car for more than a few minutes (any time I put my hair in a bun, it does like to tangle with the headrest), and if I can skip having to put it up in my car, that's probably for the best. :)

That said, count me in with my Cloud City Leia, please!

And my boyfriend might want to come too, if that's okay? He's not a member (yet!) but might be down to come as either a spotter/helper or in a Jedi costume. (I presume, based on my prior experience, that this would be welcome, but just want to be sure, in case anything has changed...)

Offline Rebelaerialist

Have you heard anything about the changing possibility yet? My Leia hairstyle is better if I can put it up either at or near the location, so my it doesn't get in a fight with the seat of the car for more than a few minutes (any time I put my hair in a bun, it does like to tangle with the headrest), and if I can skip having to put it up in my car, that's probably for the best. :)

And my boyfriend might want to come too, if that's okay? He's not a member (yet!) but might be down to come as either a spotter/helper or in a Jedi costume. (I presume, based on my prior experience, that this would be welcome, but just want to be sure, in case anything has changed...)
We have changed at the Library in the past few years. I will check in with the host. :)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Offline Rebelaerialist

Your boyfriend is more than welcome to join and help!

Offline Rebelaerialist

Ok I got back with the host and he said that the library conference room is available for changes. I'm probably going to tell him to reserve the room at 8 am and then change back around 3 or 4?

Offline EldawenEmileia

• Rebel Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Ok I got back with the host and he said that the library conference room is available for changes. I'm probably going to tell him to reserve the room at 8 am and then change back around 3 or 4?

Sounds like plenty of time to me! :)

Offline alexcobb202

Roster me as costume tbd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline alexcobb202

This event is on my birthday btw.

Offline Rebelaerialist

This event is on my birthday btw.

Woooo! We should do dinner after the troop!

Offline Rebelaerialist

Just a heads up, friends! I will be in a children's show at the Linkville that starts at 1 and it's only for 30 mins. I invite you to come watch it! The show is $2 to watch. So I will be in costume at 10 for a couple of hours, then head to the theater for the show and go back in costume for the rest of the time!

Offline Rebelaerialist

Great day at the event! Beautiful, sunny weather and lots of smiles!

Final Roster -

Cheyenne - Jakku Rey
Alex - Tusken Raider
Emily - Cloud City Leia
Cara - Depa Billaba

Tags: