Author Topic: Voice changers, and static burst mods  (Read 5969 times)

Offline Metal4Life

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Voice changers, and static burst mods
« on: September 15, 2007, 12:20:33 PM »
hey guys, just wanted to get advice from the veteran voice mod'ers out there. Ive got a newton6 voice amp system right now, it works great fits well. But my voice is perfectly clear, and i obviously have no static burst... I think it was the cyberdyne that David is running in his tk, and that sounded great. I would go the rom/fx route but thats an arm and a leg... What do you guys say?
One shot, one kill? BAH!... I prefer the Machine Gunners way, ACCURACY BY VOLUME!  -TK5811

Offline Daverian

Re: Voice changers, and static burst mods
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 02:11:47 PM »
This is what I got:

http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/products_elec_troopVoicePro.php

Stay away from trik toys. It is basically the radio shack amp and you blow on the mic for your static burst. I originally got the old radio shack amp (like your Newton) and blew on the mic for my static burst, but wasn't happy with the sound, too clear. Kai and Eric had the Hyperdyne unit, so I got one and am happy with it.

Offline xrayman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Skullworx.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:09:38 AM »
Yep, Hyperdyne's the way to go if you need an electronic method of making a static burst.
You'll still need an amp and a powered mic for it however, so don't get rid of that newton.
If you really want to alter the end output without a lot of electronics involved, you can always switch out to aerator speakers.  The nature of their size makes the voice sound more TK-ish, though you'll lose volume.
Scot
TK5108 (retired)

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 11:43:33 AM »
What did the film makers use, or did they just do voice overs with filters?
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline Daverian

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 12:45:54 PM »
I actually have a DVD that talks about the behind-the-scenes making of....They had a guy sitting across the street with a walkie talkie and a script, and recorded it.

Offline Metal4Life

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 04:00:46 PM »
Thnx for the great advice guys. Ive been lookin into it, and hyperdynelabs is the way im gonna go. Only problem, they are out of stock! Does anyone know how long the wait is in between their board runs?
One shot, one kill? BAH!... I prefer the Machine Gunners way, ACCURACY BY VOLUME!  -TK5811

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 04:27:56 PM »
ahhh movie magic.
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline Daverian

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 08:21:22 PM »
Thnx for the great advice guys. Ive been lookin into it, and hyperdynelabs is the way im gonna go. Only problem, they are out of stock! Does anyone know how long the wait is in between their board runs?

They are always out of stock. The guy does limited runs as he gets orders. If you contact him and let him know you are interested he will make some more and let you know when they are ready to order. I waited about  3 weeks. He is really easy to talk to  and a nice guy.

Offline xrayman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Skullworx.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 09:55:44 PM »
...He is really easy to talk to and a nice guy.

I'll second that.  I worked with him to ensure that Skullworx would work with his boards and he was very willing to help.
Scot
TK5108 (retired)

Offline Metal4Life

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 10:55:55 PM »
Fantastic guys, thnx much! =)

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 06:26:37 PM »
Have any group of troopers learned or know sign language? I guess they could also establish alot of military hand gestures and communicate that way too, just for kicks.

Offline Daverian

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 06:59:52 PM »
I proposed that once. If we could get people interested in learning common signals it would be a kick! I have a chart of good signals. Paintballers have their own custom signals and some of them are better than the military ones.

Offline Daverian

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 07:01:19 PM »
Here is a link to the old thread I started a while back:

http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=1957.0

Offline Metal4Life

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 07:28:28 PM »
Well i just got out of the marines. I could teach you guys all the hand signals we used. I was infantry for two combat deployments in iraq.

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 08:16:51 PM »
It'd be pretty sweet to have that down, make us look very proffesional ya know :)

Metal4Life, thanks for serving man, thats a big sacrifice going over there, especially being a ground pounder ;) if i were military i'd salute you.

Tags: