Author Topic: Blaster Resource?  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Blaster Resource?
« on: December 05, 2007, 08:19:06 AM »
I was looking up some information on a possible Dengar costume for future purchase when I came upon a good site for weaponry.  I can't tell from the screenshots the exact quality, but the pieces I was able to identify looked rather good.  I'll post a couple of screenies as well as the website information.  If, however, this is in violation of the vendor rule, then please just erase the link and I can PM anyone who is interested.

C.C.C.

Offline xrayman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Skullworx.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Blaster Resource?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 08:24:07 AM »
I think it's fine.
Thanks for double checking!
Scot
TK5108 (retired)

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 09:16:52 AM »
Hi Jason,

I have one of those DC-15 rifles from the top of your post. I will say this about this guys work, it's extremely lightweight and great for something at a distance, but the detail is lacking. Now, I'm not going to get rid of mine, simply because I contributed to it's construction and spent a lot of time making it as realistic as possible, but I thought I should give you a "heads up" on the detail. Here's a photo of me with the rifle at the Eugene parade:

...and here's a really big photo of me and my gun:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1308/1347280563_8977b2254e_o_d.jpg

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »
Please, do not misunderstand my post.  I was not saying that these were ready as-in.  I am saying that as a base, these are highly accurate reproductions.  They still, as with any thing, require work to be put into them.  Detailing, additions, and much more is required, but that was not the point I was making, my friend.

My point is that this company offers a good base for a number of weapons which are generally unavailable for the hobbyist.  The MG-34, for example, is almost impossible to find as a airsoft or hobbyist replica.  For that reason, it is difficult to see an accurate Dengar Blaster.  Other weapons are similar.  My reason for posting this is just to give a base for making some very good weapons.

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 09:50:39 AM »
Jason, Kyle is making a good point that you need to pay attention to.  Those are pictures of items to look their best.  When they are in hand they suck much more than you can imagine.  The plastic is VERY thin to say the least, they weigh in at about a pound, which sounds good, but really you are packing around a fragile flower that will take work just to keep from breaking, let alone looking decent.  You can get resin MG34s that are a whole lot better!  Check out MEPD.

If you want high accuracy you need to go with resin of individually made custom pieces.  Vac formed weapons like that really aren't as good as it sounds!!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 09:52:35 AM by FireStorm »
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 11:06:20 AM »
Jason everything all depends on your resources, or what we like to call "How Deep is my wallet."
If you wanted to make the bomb "Sandy" rifle, the Mg-34, go with the
 REAL DEAL!!!

Ala Poof: http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FG&Product_Code=572&Category_Code=PK+PARTSKITS
You'd also have to buy a "non-gun" receiver for it but those are readily available. Its Heavy, its mean, and 
you'll never have any kid say to you "Oh thats not real." EVER! FYI there are parts kits out there that are cheaper
this is just the first one I found.

As for MG-42, I personally would buy one from uh uh (plagued by the no names on forum rule)
but here is a pic of some of his "other" work. It'll give you an idea on how good his work is.....

pm me for more info on this guy.

Another from the same guy

as for clone belt boxes, 2nd pic down, you could try these:

pm me for more info about those if you want.....

Or if its E-11s you want we have some FANTASTIC PROP makers right here in our garrison (check the WTB section.)

Here is the first model

and the second

If its Dc-15s your after: at the armor party you got to see a box of shorties that Kyle brought

great lookin...Woot Woot

and if its long rifles, Martin has one, there is a bomb all metal one made by somebody
right here in the garrison.....

Cooter

Edited to throw in addional pic of RRTS weapon!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 01:55:08 PM by Cooter Davis »
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »
Well, what I was mostly looking for was the Dengar blaster, but I also found another project which I am helping someone with... I'll give you a hint, it uses the 50 Caliber MG and isn't the armor you see below...

I've found a couple of people who do resin copies of the .50 cal, but any other help (in PM) would be hot.  Unfortunately I don't have the molding ability or resources to do the actual Dark Trooper Rifle (see below) or I'd do that.  But hey, who doesn't want to see a 6'6" (with armor on) Dark Trooper walking in a parade with a Heavy Repeating Blaster, right?

One of these days, though, I'm going to try my hand at the actual Dark Trooper weapon from the games...

Qui-Fawn

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 01:09:37 PM »
Dengar.....LOL

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 04:48:09 PM »
Well, there are too many Fetts and not enough Mummys.  Given my general build, I'd probably be a good Dengar.  It's still a ways away.  After my Imp Officer, I'm probably going to be going with a TX Dark Trooper (especially if I make two of the guns--one for the guy making the armor for a discount and one for me).  Then, I'll be doing a Vader.  Well, the Vader will be pieced together, but you get the point.

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »
A nice thing though about light armaments (if you can find some that won't fall apart on you) are long troops like parades, i would assume (no real experiance here :P) but hauling around a full metal man cannon might be a bit much for a long troop...
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 10:36:27 PM »
Dude... 20 miles with an M249 Squad Automatic Rifle, 3 magazines (one on the weapon), 60 pounds worth of gear, 99 degree heat, and a helmet insulating it all in...  If I can survive that, surviving a three mile march with a man cannon in plastic armor and a near-spandex body suit is nothing.

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 11:34:02 PM »
*chuckles* Well i was talking about us that haven't had serious XP racked up ;)
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline DoubleTap

• The officer formerly known as wsco911
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 12:51:16 AM »
Dude... 20 miles with an M249 Squad Automatic Rifle, 3 magazines (one on the weapon), 60 pounds worth of gear, 99 degree heat, and a helmet insulating it all in...  If I can survive that, surviving a three mile march with a man cannon in plastic armor and a near-spandex body suit is nothing.
I've done that too w/ someone yelling at me, but it still sucks.  This hobby is for fun and it is a pain in the backside to carry a heavy toy that you don't want to drop and to not trip over something and bust up your armor.  As soon as you have to find a place to put your gun down so you can take off your bucket or fix something that is is coming lose you will regret have that heavy toy gun.  I didn't care if I busted Uncle Sam's toys, but I don't want to break mine. 
Jim TK 1747
Smell Rob's finger.

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 07:22:11 AM »
That's why I'm looking for something lighter than the average bear.  I'm actually looking around for a little better 50 Cal base now.  I was mostly looking into this as a light alternative to the resin cast.  Apparently, the light alternative is not looking as good as the resin.  No prob, though.  I mat still buy one of the kits to use as an addition to the top of the regular kit (the sight with light-up display).  Thanks for all the excellent advice, though.  You have helped me out immensely.

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 12:29:30 PM »
411props.  I believe that carry airsoft at cheap rates.  Check with what they have!

FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Tags: