Author Topic: Clone Wars Website Launched  (Read 5207 times)

Offline Nimster

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Clone Wars Website Launched
« on: June 18, 2008, 06:58:45 PM »
Went to starwars.com today and it redirected to a nice new Clone Wars themed site.

http://starwars.com/tcw/site/index.html

So this begs the question to be answered... which theater in Portland/Vancouver are we trooping?

Nimster
TK 3972

Offline Hoot

Re: Clone Wars Website Launched
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 08:13:39 PM »
Went to starwars.com today and it redirected to a nice new Clone Wars themed site.

http://starwars.com/tcw/site/index.html

So this begs the question to be answered... which theater in Portland/Vancouver are we trooping?

Nimster,

Thanks.  At Galatic-Voyage.com they have two articles about this.  The first reported what you reported.  The second is spreading the rumour that R2-KT may be a character in the in the movie.  Their only proof is a picture of a pink R2-unit with a blue R2-unit, go to picture gallery to find the picture. 

In the article they explain who R2-KT is.
-Matthew

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:22:04 PM »
i'm a fan of pioneer square in portland... lots of escalators to play on ;) lol
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline Aysel

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 09:37:38 PM »
we troop whichever theater we want to thats playing it? lol....no really, if we want to do this we need to find out which theaters are running it and then contact the manager...and I don't know ANY of the theaters in the area...

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 10:00:04 PM »
I'd just like to point out that in the gallery there is a pic of a clone with his com pad on the left arm. I guess Paul was right.
"What martin says is right, and if its not they just need to go back and change the film!"
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline sigmarue

• Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 10:38:26 PM »
I've been asking around at the theaters here about midnight releases and most say they will MOST likely have midnight premiers, but they won't know for certain until two or three weeks prior to the actual screening. I can't imagine any theater would pass it up. Bridgeport in Tigard has a pretty nice set up and their Crystal Skull premier was pretty big. They had a bunch of events and decorations. I'm totally trooping this one. Just not sure if I'm going to have armor by then or if it's going to be twi'lek time. =/

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 12:36:44 AM »
I'd just like to point out that in the gallery there is a pic of a clone with his com pad on the left arm. I guess Paul was right.
"What martin says is right, and if its not they just need to go back and change the film!"

:mrgreen:
Paul

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 12:46:18 AM »
Thank you Cooter.

Folks, I didn't, nor could I, pay for an endorsement that good!

FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 06:36:33 AM »
Now for the big question...

Do we want to troop the midnight showing or the opening day?

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 08:48:02 AM »
I've been asking around at the theaters here about midnight releases and most say they will MOST likely have midnight premiers, but they won't know for certain until two or three weeks prior to the actual screening. I can't imagine any theater would pass it up. Bridgeport in Tigard has a pretty nice set up and their Crystal Skull premier was pretty big. They had a bunch of events and decorations. I'm totally trooping this one. Just not sure if I'm going to have armor by then or if it's going to be twi'lek time. =/

I'm sorry... Twi`lek?  :mrgreen:

Now for the big question...

Do we want to troop the midnight showing or the opening day?

Here is a thought... since we are spread out. I propose that we get folks to troop multiple theatres. Hit a bunch of them. For those in the Salem/Eugene areas, maybe do something there. Those of us here in the Portland Metro area, we have a lot of theatres to choose from.

Not trying single anyone out of a troop, just thinking in terms of rising gas prices and the burden on our members who live so far away. I do think, however, that now is the time to plan for such an event.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Nimster

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 08:53:47 AM »
I'm thinking Cascade 16 in Vancouver, for us Washington folks.
It is the main theater over here and is close to Greedo and myself   8)

Nimster
TK 3972

Offline sigmarue

• Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 11:00:59 AM »

I'm sorry... Twi`lek?  :mrgreen:

Yep. I'm finally going to be done with the lekku and figure I should show them off. Go ahead and laugh.  :P

A midnight showing might be more fun, especially if the theaters really promote the event. Or just call up some theaters ahead of time and see if if they'd want to actually plan something. Or just show up and make everyone's night amazing.

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 11:43:28 AM »
I think that no matter which way we go we need to make a decision and start the planning now.  I like Bill's multiple theater idea, the only addendum I would add or suggest is the Vader presence.  Even if this is to take place before Vader is Vader, Vader is still the most recognized character.  I think I would want to have a Vader with troopers if possible.  We have at least two active Vaders right now.  Plus, depending on numbers, I would sacrifice multiple locations for one location if we are only going to have two or three troopers in a spot.  I think there should be a minimum of five troopers to a theater if we spread out.  If we can't meet the 5 trooper minimum then we should converge on less and less spots, or only one.

FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 11:46:28 AM »
I wasn't laughing.... I am a big fan of Tw`leks!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 02:13:12 PM »
The 5-troops per is a great idea.  This still opens up for at least three separate troopings for the theaters: Perhaps one in Eugene, one in Salem, and one in Portland.  Just my thoughts.  This would, as pointed out before, help with gas prices as well as travel times (which could also be a bit of a killer due to work schedules).

Tags: