Author Topic: I need the events coordinator to PM me  (Read 5399 times)

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: I need the events coordinator to PM me
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 05:38:54 PM »
Martin speaks truth.

I'm not an official 'event organizer' but I took the initiative to set up the whole DCH troop. Communicated with DCH several times, started the thread, opened a poll, communicated the protocols put forth by DCH, communicated with everyone who had questions, posted event data, provided a map and asked another member if he could take 'point' at the event itself. No one asked me to do this. I knew it was time for us to visit the hospital, so I just began the communication.

We all have the ability to do this. If I had a question about how to poll, proper place(s) to post, etc. I just asked one of the admin. folks, or whomever might have the answer.

It's fun! It's easy! It's helpful! 8) 

If you've got questions, there are quite a few folks who have been on for years and are willing to give assistance! Heck, I'm "Uncle Barry" and I still have to ask once in a while....

If you're interested in doing an event, be the liason but you've got plenty of help, here.....

Phew - going back to take my nap, now.....

This is going in the wrong direction.  Barry I applaud you for taking the initiative and organizing a great troop.  I UNDERSTAND what an organizer of an event does.  What an "Event Coordinator" job would involve is when we get requests for troops, NOT drum up troops.  Why would someone replace Barry when it comes to DCH?  Why would someone take the reigns away from Allan in ALL his Salem troops?  There isn't any reason to.  What an "Event Coordinator" would be is a go to guy to help drum up support for said event(s).  Or when a Noob want s to troop they know who to go to.  Now this is something we can obviously discuss among the Admins but I don't want people to think an EC is someone who comes up with every troop we do.  I am not leaning either way but just so its clear what I see a EC does.

Valid points,  Rob. Under that thought process, this kind of sounds like something that a PR guy could/would be doing anyway....

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 06:12:02 PM »
Could be. Let's get the PR guy in on this?

All good points.  :) Before anyone goes making 'motions' for an EC (Not literally - manner of speaking), let's hear from admin. re: PR person.

Offline Daverian

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 06:25:07 PM »
boy, I really opened a can of worms here didn't I?

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 06:31:10 PM »
lol...  :wink:

Offline Zolotkey

• Cloud City Retired
  • Twitter anyone?
    • Imperial Base
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 06:44:58 PM »
Okay for the time being there will be no Event Coordinator. But for all you people that want one. Watch out as things develop. I am still trying to get input and in my pro-con stage. :)
Nick Z
ID/TK-2516 Retired
Sr QA Engineer

Tags: