Author Topic: WIP ARC Trooper (TCW) (Phase 1): Echo  (Read 5650 times)

Offline CadBane3

Re: WIP ARC Trooper (TCW) (Phase 1): Echo
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2018, 04:31:31 PM »
Exciting stuff! Looking forward to seeing your next update with how much progress was made. Have fun!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline NavySith

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2018, 07:37:32 PM »
See you at the Armor party, I’m bringing Fives but will definitely be available to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline TrooperTim1138

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2018, 10:57:18 PM »
See you at the Armor party, I'm bringing Fives but will definitely be available to help
Thank the Maker! I have almost all the parts pencil marked for trimming now but even with the guides on KW's site I am going cross eyed trying to figure out a few of the boxes. I am also thinking of investing in a table top belt sander.... realizing the amount of sanding is going to be monumental to say the least.
Tim Hadley- Future Clone (ARC Trooper Echo)

Offline TrooperTim1138

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2018, 10:49:52 PM »
Glorious day for an armor party with some first-class people from Cloud City Garrison and Kashyyyk Base (Star Wars Oregon)! Got a ton of trimming done on my kit while getting expert advice from Scott (NavySith). I can not over state how much it helps being connected with others in doing this project.  Post will be short on pictures, I was really focused on getting as much trimming done as my hands would allow (gloves...must wear them kids- I am glad I did!).

Also, out of my apartment I was working on a cheap portable plastic table that I wasn't worried about cutting into, which made the work go faster than the trimming I was doing at home. Some of the pieces were quite difficult to cut due to the location of adjacent pieces, most notably the forearms and bicep (see below). Although I am sore from the cutting, I was sort of sad to park the kit in the storage unit where it will live when I am not working on it. Will be a few days before I can get back at it- but making progress!

Offline TrooperTim1138

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2018, 10:18:26 PM »
Got a bit more work done this afternoon. Still need to trim all the boxes and holsters. Then all the basic trimming will be complete!

Left to trim:

Had my first unintentional cut line on a shoe strap:

I call this the "Porg and Clone Trooper bouquet"

Have to return to work for a week, then I should be back at it!

Offline NavySith

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2018, 10:50:45 PM »
Looking good

Shoe strap cut can be glued and filled, easy fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Tags: