Author Topic: Scout Trooper wip  (Read 4394 times)

Offline scoutkarl

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Scout Trooper wip
« on: November 02, 2016, 08:11:20 PM »
So I just bought my flight suit and am pulling the pockets off it tonight. This weekend I'm running to the fabric store for 2" black elastic and black suede which I was told I need 2yds of each. Very excited to have begun the building process even at this very early stage...it has begun!

Offline CJ49er

Re: Scout Trooper wip
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 08:40:28 PM »
very cool!  Give a shout if you have any questions, we will help if we can.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline jj49

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 09:48:54 PM »
Awesome! Exciting for sure :)
TB-14944

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 06:22:51 AM »
Great news!  Looking forward to seeing it!
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 08:23:03 PM »
So I just bought my flight suit and am pulling the pockets off it tonight. This weekend I'm running to the fabric store for 2" black elastic and black suede which I was told I need 2yds of each. Very excited to have begun the building process even at this very early stage...it has begun!

Are you just working on the flightsuit? Webbing is used for the belt and "ammo" boxes. You might not need that much 2" elastic, just need it for the two leg straps and the CB "thong". Check out strapworks for the webbing, elastic, and geico. Unless you kit comes with them.

Offline scoutkarl

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 09:59:17 PM »

Are you just working on the flightsuit? Webbing is used for the belt and "ammo" boxes. You might not need that much 2" elastic, just need it for the two leg straps and the CB "thong". Check out strapworks for the webbing, elastic, and geico. Unless you kit comes with them.

Yes just the flight suit, maybe it was meant that the suede is 2yds worth. But the elastic comes in 2" 2yrds for around $6 so no big deal I guess.

Offline scoutkarl

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 01:18:14 PM »
Help! Where in the heck does a person get some suede, without purchasing an excessive amount?  All I have found is Portland leather company which has 'shoulders' of suede, way more than what I need. I just need two yards. Checked fabric stores not sure where else to check. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Offline Darth Mel

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 03:06:03 PM »
Help! Where in the heck does a person get some suede, without purchasing an excessive amount?  All I have found is Portland leather company which has 'shoulders' of suede, way more than what I need. I just need two yards. Checked fabric stores not sure where else to check. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Unless you are going for Lancer level, you can use faux suede instead of real suede, which is cheaper and probably easier for you to find. 

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 04:43:48 PM »
I'm working on a scout now too and was on the pathfinders website five minutes ago and found this:

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=16270

I ordered some from Tandy Leather, which is actually in Portland. Came to $28 with shipping, but can probably be found for cheaper, or at least if you don't need to ship it...I was just feeling lazy on a rainy Saturday!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 04:45:26 PM »
Also, what did you go with for the flight suit and where did you find it, if you don't mind me asking? I'd kind of like to try it on before buying instead of just hoping it fits...
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 05:00:42 PM »
Oh, and here's a link directly to the suede I bought:

https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/pigskin-suede-splits
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline scoutkarl

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 06:53:01 PM »
Also, what did you go with for the flight suit and where did you find it, if you don't mind me asking? I'd kind of like to try it on before buying instead of just hoping it fits...

Thanks for the info on the suede, very helpful. Also exciting to hear that someone is building one at the same time! I got my flight suit at Andy and Bax in inner ne Portland you can try them on there and they are relatively inexpensive at $45.

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2016, 08:14:42 PM »
Awesome! I haven't been to Andy and Bax for awhile. Last time I was there I bought some hollowed out grenades. Lol
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 02:56:16 PM »
Hi Sean. When picking the 2 inch black elastic for the flight suit, is there anything special about it or just any old black elastic at JoAnn Fabrics will work?
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 07:33:53 PM »
It will work

Tags: