Author Topic: Myspace.com question  (Read 4724 times)

Offline Hoot

Myspace.com question
« on: June 26, 2008, 07:35:16 PM »
To all,

OK, I admit :| :| :|, I bit the blaster bolt and finally got a myspace page.  I have been keeping it low key because I want to get it to a point that I feel comfortable saying, OK world here's my page.  I have shown my page to a few people, to get their opinion about the page. In doing so, unfortunately, Murphy (as in Murphy's Law) raised his ugly head and forced me to change my plans. For all here is my webpage.

My question to the forum is where can I place a (picture) link, to another website, on my myspace account?  I have talked to the (myspace) administration without getting any useful help in their reply; to my e-mail.  Thanks ahead of time.
-Matthew

Offline sigmarue

• Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Myspace.com question
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 10:08:35 PM »
That's pretty brave of you. I've personally pretty much abandoned my MySpace... since that was so highschool and have adopted a Facebook. Not much better, I know.

Anywho, I think I can help you out. MySpace is really lax about what you put up on your page. You can throw links up just about anywhere and posting images is very easy. It's just basic html. You put your html into the boxes where you'd enter personal text in their about me section or whatever it's called now.

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 10:32:21 PM »
Facebook has become the new myspace. The only reason I have myspace is because my cousin set it up for me so that we would be in better communication with each other. I, pretty much, refuse to waste more of my time with any more places like myspace. One such program is enough for me.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Hoot

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 11:17:51 PM »
Anywho, I think I can help you out. MySpace is really lax about what you put up on your page. You can throw links up just about anywhere and posting images is very easy. It's just basic html. You put your html into the boxes where you'd enter personal text in their about me section or whatever it's called now.
Thanks for the information.  Is there a way to put the link, tagged on to a picture, outside those details boxes?

Facebook has become the new myspace. The only reason I have myspace is because my cousin set it up for me so that we would be in better communication with each other. I, pretty much, refuse to waste more of my time with any more places like myspace. One such program is enough for me.

- Bill

Thanks for the info.
-Matthew

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 08:40:58 PM »
Thanks for the information.  Is there a way to put the link, tagged on to a picture, outside those details boxes?

- Bill

Thanks for the info.

More problems with misleading hacking and phishing through facebook btw.

Offline Hoot

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 10:06:20 PM »
My apologies: to those of you who have sent me a message.  I have included you in my friends area, but I don't know how to send a thank you.  Could you help in this area???
-Matthew

Offline sigmarue

• Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 10:08:10 PM »
My apologies: to those of you who have sent me a message.  I have included you in my friends area, but I don't know how to send a thank you.  Could you help in this area???

Myspace has been making it harder and harder to send out messages with the intent to stop bot accounts.

If you can handle the lack of html, Facebook is really a better networking site (in my opinion).

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 10:33:12 PM »
If you are having an issue with sending a thank you message. then leave them a comment on their page. Perhaps that will work for you.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Hoot

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 12:34:05 AM »

Myspace has been making it harder and harder to send out messages with the intent to stop bot accounts.

If you can handle the lack of HTML, Facebook is really a better networking site (in my opinion).

If you are having an issue with sending a thank you message. then leave them a comment on their page. Perhaps that will work for you.

- Bill

Sigmarue & Bill,

Both of you thanks for the info.  Let me see if I can try Bill's suggestion first; if things go down the zero-g camode I will try Sigmarue's suggestion.
-Matthew

Offline Hoot

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 11:12:46 PM »
For some time I have been wanting to add more to my site. I was wondering if the forum could help me to  add music. 
-Matthew

Offline sigmarue

• Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 12:00:15 AM »
Not a problem. I add music by clicking on the Music section of Myspace, type in the band I'm looking for, then check out the pages that come up until one of them has a music box with the song I want. Once you find it, click "add" directly beneath the song track. That will automatically add the track to your profile.

Offline Hoot

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 01:00:17 AM »
Sigmarue,

Thanks for the info. :D :D :D
-Matthew

Offline Hoot

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 04:11:37 PM »
I am intrested in adding others, to my friends list; how does one contact others on myspace??
-Matthew

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 05:21:19 PM »
Well you have to be signed into MySpace, for one.... then you just find profiles and click on them. If you find a profile you like, and they allow it, click on the add me link and your add request is sent. Now whether they accept the request or not, is entirely a different story.

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline Hoot

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 07:43:08 PM »
Bill,

Thanks.  :)
-Matthew

Tags: