Author Topic: Hi guys!  (Read 4455 times)

Moneypenny

Hi guys!
« on: July 13, 2009, 03:56:17 PM »
Hey guys, my name is Melissa (most people just call me "Mel" though :) ).  I've been a SW fan my entire life, and have been wanting to join up with the 501st/CCG for a couple of years now.  I had to hold back because I was in college and didn't have the time I wanted to dedicate, but I am now college free and hoping to join up.

I saw you guys at the ESB showing a few weeks ago (amazing movie experience!), and it made me realize just how much I wanted to join the 501st.  I love that you guys do such great work for the community, and well...I love SW.  :)

I am currently working on my IO costume right now (always wanted to be an Imperial officer for some strange reason, plus I'm too short for a stormtrooper ;)).  It will probably be a good month or two before I get it finished and ready for review, but I wanted to sign up for the forums now and start lurking about.  I've already been lurking around the Imperial Officer Corps forum (http://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/), picking up costume tips.  I have a lead on a good seamstress in town, but if anybody has any tips on who to to go for a great IO get up I would greatly appreciate it (because sewing is just not my forte).  All of the other accessories shouldn't be a problem for me, but the tunic and pants are just beyond my rather un-girl like capabilities.  :)

Anyways, mainly just wanted to say 'hi' to everybody, and say how excited I am to be hopefully be a potential member in the near future.

Cheers!

Offline TD-8821

Re: Hi guys!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 04:20:44 PM »
Hello Mel and welcome!there are some officers here so ask away with any questions!
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 04:22:13 PM »
Welcome to the boards, Mel! Looking forward to seeing your progress as you work through your costume...

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 04:24:11 PM »
Hi Mel.. Welcome to the wonderful World of Star Wars Costuming. A Big CCG welcome.. Enjoy your stay and looking forward to having Troop with us.. Also come and hang out at Events as a spotter as well. we have a July 18th Troop at Clackamas Town Center. Say hello.  Peace, Allan
Allan Quick

Moneypenny

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 04:42:08 PM »
Thank you so much for the warm welcome guys.  :)

I do have a few questions about my costume.  I'm going to put together a list of what I have, what I'm getting, and what I need to know, and post it here a bit later on for any feedback.  Any help would be great.

I actually can make it to the 7/18 event, and would love to help out spotting.  I noticed the roster filled up pretty quick there, but if you are in need of another spotter I would love to help out.

Thanks again!

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 05:09:19 PM »
Hello, and welcome to the group.

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 07:59:40 PM »
Hello Moneypenny!  In my terrible Sean Connery Bond voice!  :mrgreen:

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 08:25:36 PM »
welcome Mel, cant wait to see you again :D.............old tony kenobi
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 01:14:27 PM »
Welcome, Mel!

I am an Imperial Officer, here in the garrison. Shoot me a PM with what you got and I help you out any way I can. I've made a few Imperial Officer belts (and other gun belt/holster combos) in the past. If you need a hand with that, let me know!

I'm finishing up a holster for a SE-14 blaster (short blaster for the Stormtrooper), for Matt and I have nothing else after that. The belt would be very easy to do.

Shoot me a PM, I'll help you get it all worked out!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Hoot

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 05:09:43 PM »
I'm finishing up a holster for a SE-14 blaster (short blaster for the Stormtrooper), for Matt and I have nothing else after that. The belt would be very easy to do.

Shoot me a PM, I'll help you get it all worked out!

- Bill

Mel,

Hi, I am Matt, from Bill's post, and welcome to the forum.  I can vouch for Bill's, if carries any weight, belts.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 06:05:58 PM by Oomar Galor »
-Matthew

Moneypenny

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 06:03:09 PM »
And again, much thanks; so glad I signed up here.  :)

Bill, I sent you a PM about my Officer; would love any feedback.

Hey Matt, I've been browsing through the Imperial Officer Corps forums, seen you've posted in there quite a bit.  Glad to meet you!

- Mel

P.S. - No Bond can beat Connery.....

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 06:08:53 PM »

P.S. - No Bond can beat Connery.....

Well said!  8)

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 06:45:01 PM »
Well... there is Daniel Craig. He's my number 2 favorite Bond, after Connery, of course!

Mel, I got your PM and I will respond here, shortly.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Hoot

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 08:10:27 PM »
Hey Matt, I've been browsing through the Imperial Officer Corps forums, seen you've posted in there quite a bit.  Glad to meet you!

- Mel

I hope, any of it, helped; though most of it is related to the IC uniform. I would suggest you join the, IOC, forum in-case *coughs* Bill gets stumped.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:39:52 PM by Oomar Galor »
-Matthew

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 08:30:57 PM »
Me... stumped? Never! All my info I got from the IOC!  :wink:

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Tags: