Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 4440 times)

Offline Swollendeathray

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello all
« on: April 27, 2014, 01:02:08 PM »
One of my co-workers and I were talking and he mentioned trooping and Cloud City Garrison. I've always wanted to build my own suit so I figured I would would jump on the boards and check things out. I have myself on the wait list for a set of ATA armor and ordered a lid to tide me over.

Can't wait to get started on the helmet, 7 month wait time on the rest is a killer though.

Offline NavySith

Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 07:05:53 PM »
Welcome

Sent from Kamino using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 07:15:09 PM »
Welcome aboard, the wait for armor can be a killer. Tie Pilots can wait 2 or more years for certain vendors.
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline Katze

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 08:56:12 PM »
Welcome!  I look forward to meeting you.
TR-52638
Janet

Offline stevo502

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 06:50:37 AM »
Yay, another stormtrooper! Hopefully you'll get lucky and the wait will be shorter.

In the meantime, check out our facebook page for upcoming events, and also the spotter check in forums here. You can come out to spot an event and meet folks. Maybe we'll see you soon! Cherry City Comic Con coming up in a few weeks in Salem would be a great opportunity to come by and say hello, or else next Saturday members will be at Things From Another World in Beaverton and Tony's Kingdom of Comics in Salem for Free Comic Book Day.

-steve

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 08:48:01 AM »
Have you ordered your armor already? We can keep an eye on the boards and see if something becomes available and let you know. Do you have an average build, or do you need armor of a more custom size? Let us know here and we can troll the boards.  :)
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 09:32:27 AM »
Welcome!  That's great you've got your helmet on the way!  I followed Pandatroopers 'How To' thread on FISD to the letter..
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/14806-how-to-assembling-ata-abs-helmet-1/ 
It's a challenge, but a really fun build!  Feel free to hit me up with whatever questions you have. 
TK/TD-76216

Offline Swollendeathray

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 12:06:49 PM »
Thanks everyone for the kind words! I should be able to make it down to the Cherry City Comic Con or if not TFAW in Beaverton is close by. I'll be sure drop by for one or both and say hi.

As far as armor goes I'm just on a wait list with ATA, haven't paid for it. I did buy a lid from him though. I think my build is pretty average, 185lb 5'11" so if someone has a hot tip on some armor please let me know! Thanks.

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 02:40:16 PM »
I recommend checking the 'For Sale' thread on FISD daily!  That's what I did. 
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/11-for-sale-or-trade-personal-items/
I was on the ATA waitlist, and halfway through it I found a New-In-Box kit for sale on the board for the same cost.  Full armor kits don't pop up for sale often, but when they do, you've gotta be one of the first to jump on it with a reply or PM to the seller.  Good luck!  And don't forget to start a build thread once you get your helmet!
TK/TD-76216

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 04:01:26 PM »
Welcome aboard!
Macy

Offline td0573

• 501st Legion Member
  • Dave
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 06:53:09 PM »
Hello and Welcome!
 New recruits and they want Armor!!

So cool... :cool:

Dave
It's Good to be Legion...

Offline Swollendeathray

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 11:09:48 AM »
Hello and Welcome!
 New recruits and they want Armor!!

So cool... :cool:

Dave

Thanks!

Are there recruits that don't want armor?!? Boggles the mind  :huh:

So I'm looking at ANH blasters since I'm gonna have some down time before I get my suit. Anyone have any experience with this kit? It looks like the Doopy pipe kit but cast from sterling parts. Any other kit recommendations; are there issues shipping the doopy kits to the US?

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 06:42:48 PM »
Thanks!

Are there recruits that don't want armor?!? Boggles the mind  :huh:

So I'm looking at ANH blasters since I'm gonna have some down time before I get my suit. Anyone have any experience with this kit? It looks like the Doopy pipe kit but cast from sterling parts. Any other kit recommendations; are there issues shipping the doopy kits to the US?

Welcome! You have a local supplier available too if you don't want to deal with Doopy's shipping times ;) The link below is the build thread for our "unbreakable" versions, but we now have resin options available too: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23598-thg-props-rubber-e-11-build-thread-pic-heavy/

Kim

--- Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and more! www.THGProps.com ---

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 07:42:12 PM »
hello and welcome:)
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline Swollendeathray

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 09:39:42 PM »
hello and welcome:)
Thanks!

Welcome! You have a local supplier available too if you don't want to deal with Doopy's shipping times ;) The link below is the build thread for our "unbreakable" versions, but we now have resin options available too: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23598-thg-props-rubber-e-11-build-thread-pic-heavy/

Wow those look really great Luananeko, since your local hopefully i'll get to see one soon. Do you offer a kit version by chance? Honestly half the fun for me is the construction!

Tags: