Author Topic: TROOPING EVENT IN TROUTDALE ON THE 18th,Friday  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
TROOPING EVENT IN TROUTDALE ON THE 18th,Friday
« on: December 12, 2009, 09:33:55 AM »
Well gang we've been requested for a Toys for Tots drive by none other then Earthquake Jake of KUPL radio Portland!He happened to find out about Cloud City Garrison last year when I went dressed in armor to deliver toys along with my sis to the Toys for Tots program run by the Marine Corp.Both he and the Marine's thought what the 501st does is great and they wanted to have us help again in the future

Well that future is now!I asked if it was possible to do a little troop with them and here was his response.

"Yes, we'd LOVE to have you at the event.  Would it be possible to get you to come to the big event on the 18th?  It's going to be both the main dropoff point for the event, as well as Lee Rogers's goodbye party, as that's his last day on the air before he retires.

We'd love to have as many as will come out that day, if you're all availableIt'll be at the Cherry Park Safeway in Troutdale on the morning of the 18th, and we'll be broadcasting live from 5:00 - 9:00 that morning..."

Here's the link to troutdale event

http://portland-or.toysfortots.org/local-coordinator-sites/lco-sites/default.asp

Granted this is a friday and very early But this is the main event for the Toys for Tots,and the Marines are excited to have us come.For changing area's we'll have a trailer,though I'm gonna see if there's another we can use since Jake tells me that this will fill up with carts as the event progresses.

So if you've got a few toys you want to give,or just want to help our men and ladies in uniform then here's the chance!I'll be bringing along some things to give,if you want to wear santa hats or the like feel free to do so,and after the trooping event My dad and I will take all participating troops out to breakfast!(Our treat!!)

UPDATE:Meeting time will be 6:00 AM in the parking lot of the Safeway.We have a changing area in the trailer and I've confirmed with jake that we can use that as a place to store our bins.Troop will kick off around 7:00.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:58:36 PM by Sithman »
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: TROOPING EVENT IN TROUTDALE ON THE 18th,Friday
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 10:37:42 PM »
The pics from today's troop are in my photobucket account.

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r149/philchil/Toys%204%20Tots%20-%20Troutdale%20Troop/

Thanks,
Phil
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Mosi

Re: TROOPING EVENT IN TROUTDALE ON THE 18th,Friday
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 10:44:26 PM »
The pics from today's troop are in my photobucket account.

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r149/philchil/Toys%204%20Tots%20-%20Troutdale%20Troop/

Thanks,
Phil

I just saved your photos and uploaded them to the gallery. Thanks for the great shots!
pew pew

Tags: