Author Topic: When is the last time...  (Read 6448 times)

Offline Darth Mobius

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
When is the last time...
« on: March 04, 2011, 07:45:27 PM »
When is the last time that the garrison did an event at Doernbechers or one of the local childrens cancer center or pediatric units? I have been a member for almost a year and don't recall seeing anything of this sort.

What needs to be done do organize something like this?

Offline stevo502

Re: When is the last time...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 05:20:52 PM »
Actually, I'm currently trying to set one up. Hopefully I'll hear back next week.

-steve

Offline Darth Mobius

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »
Awesome!

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 08:02:14 PM »
That's great, Steve. We used to do them all the time. Please let me know if I can be of service.

Barry

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 08:20:52 PM »
great to hear, never been to Doernbechers, unfortunately we have been to many others. It would be good to get a troop in there.

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 10:03:52 AM »
We did a troop there 2 yrs ago? I will ABSOLUTELY go again, it was a very emotoinal, and one of my favorite troops. I also still want to organize a Shriners Childrens Hospital troop. :D....................ol tony
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 01:19:01 PM »
When is the last time that the garrison did an event at Doernbechers or one of the local childrens cancer center or pediatric units? I have been a member for almost a year and don't recall seeing anything of this sort.

What needs to be done do organize something like this?

Kris, we have done that in Eugene? Dornbechers have been dragged their feet. We have tried to get a Troop there.  We are working thru this now. Be patient.  People and Hospital schedules are the issue and we will nail it down.  We just did a Visit in Peace Health on March 3rd in Childrens Ward. Dorbechers is on the radar. Stay tuned.
Allan Quick

Offline stevo502

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 01:36:58 PM »
We did a troop there 2 yrs ago? I will ABSOLUTELY go again, it was a very emotoinal, and one of my favorite troops. I also still want to organize a Shriners Childrens Hospital troop. :D....................ol tony

Hey Tony-

Kamino used to troop Shriner's, both as Star Wars and one trip in Pirate gear. For some reason we could only do it on Wednesday evenings, which made it tough for some folks, but if you have contacts there, feel free to set it up. There was one volunteer named Kent that would take us around and he just loved it.

Eric and Barry, thanks for the info sent, if my current path doesn't pan out I may ask for help :)

-steve

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 02:20:57 PM »
Steve I am in contact now, I will share the information soon. please call me. We will be going on behalf of Children's Miracle Network for Dornbechers.  I am glad there is interest. This is a positive step. It will be great to bring smiles to those children. I will will also share with you Steve on where funds for Donations at Childrens' Miracle Network Dornbechers.

Hey Tony-

Kamino used to troop Shriner's, both as Star Wars and one trip in Pirate gear. For some reason we could only do it on Wednesday evenings, which made it tough for some folks, but if you have contacts there, feel free to set it up. There was one volunteer named Kent that would take us around and he just loved it.

Eric and Barry, thanks for the info sent, if my current path doesn't pan out I may ask for help :)

-steve
Allan Quick

Offline Traskk

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 03:19:58 PM »
Kamino used to troop Shriner's, both as Star Wars and one trip in Pirate gear.

There... there's a pirate group?

I suddenly feel as though I'm on the wrong website.

Offline Aysel

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 04:53:52 PM »
yea the pirate group here is pretty big, you see them a lot at Renn Fairs

Offline Traskk

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 05:07:12 PM »
Hand sewing an entire captains jacket is one of the big reasons I wanted to get that sewing machine to work.

Offline chadrice

• www.affordableengravingmilwaukie.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 10:33:34 PM »
The dornbechers troop was one of the last events I was able to make it to and one of my main interests in joining, I would defiantly try and make time for that. I also have friends who are Shriners who may be able to help set up something with the shrine hospital if we want
Affordable Engraving
www.affordableengravingmilwaukie.com

you didn't stop riding cause you got old, you got old because you stopped riding.................

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 10:09:37 AM »
Chad we have many charity opportunities in our garrison since the Dornbecher troops.  I am glad it was trooping Dorbechers that got you involved.  I hope to see you at future events that promote Children's Miracle Network as well as other trooping events. Welcome back.  We are working behind to scenes on what we can do with the Hospital and etc. Stay tuned.
Allan Quick

Tags: