Author Topic: Master Chief Helmet build (VERY pic heavy)  (Read 3386 times)

Offline Ronime

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Master Chief Helmet build (VERY pic heavy)
« on: March 22, 2012, 12:04:15 AM »
So I have been MIA for a while, and here is why! A three month process of attempts to make the most accurate Halo 3 helmet that exists, and after 6 failed attempts, here are the progress pics of the final good sculpt!

This is my first helmet that I have done from scratch, with help from the mando Jobat and my wife Kim. The helmet was sculpted with NSP Chavant Medium clay, Jacket mold in Pro Sil 1000, mother mold with fiberglass cloth and resin, and cast in Easy Flo 120. Trimmed with a dremel, sanded down with an electric sander, painted with model paint, lights made by hand, visor cut from 2 visors for the layered look, and custom HUD inserts.

*edited with smaller images*

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 07:34:38 PM by Ronime »
Ron

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: Master Chief Helmet build (VERY large pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 07:01:08 AM »
Ron, these pictures were so huge I couldn't even view them on my computer. Can you resize them to fit within the forum frame or link to them instead?

Offline Ronime

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 01:13:53 PM »
I had no idea how huge these were, when I get home from work I will shrink them to 25%. Sorry about that!
Ron

Offline Ronime

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 07:35:30 PM »
Ron, these pictures were so huge I couldn't even view them on my computer. Can you resize them to fit within the forum frame or link to them instead?

All images resized to 25% and fit!

Also, more pics to come as we get further in finishing these.
Ron

Tags: