Author Topic: Event Kit  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Event Kit
« on: March 29, 2008, 09:17:28 PM »
I was just reading the RL boards and I saw a wonderful idea that one of the Bases came up with.  A tote that contains the items for an event.  It is easily transportable in one or two large totes (much like armors and such).  It would include:

The Garrison Banner with PVC stand.
Swag for the guests and other people.
Props for the display table
501st/CCG promotional flyers
Event-based handouts
Display table and covering
CCG Business Cards
A 3-ring binder with the various costumes of its members (see below)
A mannequin for the display of an armor
Quick-fix items for spot armor repair and quick sewing repair
Packing list with display diagram
Pens and notepads
A 3-ring binder with pictures of previous events.
Possibly a small sound system with am mp3 of Star Wars music

The 3-ring I spoke of is separated by members.  It has a picture of each of the costumes the Member has (501st and RL) as well as a little blurb that the member can write about their costuming history.

What do you think?

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Event Kit
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 10:52:32 PM »
Hard to imagine a tote that could fit both a table AND a mannequin! ;)

Seriously though, it's not a bad idea. The problem stemming from these kind of items is usually "Where do we store these". The answer *should* be that a centrally located member should store them. Then the issue of transporting said items comes into play, etc. But I do like the idea of whittling down some of those items for a more compact display - especially if a venue can supply a table.

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 10:54:59 PM »
As nice as it sounds, I would say that the majority of our events don't really warrant this kind of, shall we say busy work? And the events that we do, well, we do go all out. Last years WTC event, we had multiple tables that had helmets, props and various RPG books that I brought as a show and tell kind of thing. The banner was there, too. We also had pics readily available to autograph, which was the whole point of that peticular event. We have pics in the gallery!

If we were to have a spot at a Con or something, I can see the necessity in this. But to be honest, there isn't much call for something like this for most of our events, as I have said already. And most folks don't really put that much thought into maintaining a bio on their trooping history, they just do events as they can.

The other problem with something like this requires us to have more people to staff said tables to ensure nobody makes off with our personal property and to assume public relations. Most of the people we have performing spotter duties are doing just that, spotting. Nobody really wants or be responsible for other peoples expensive items - be it armor or other props. And as for those quick fix items for armor and soft parts, well, that really is the responsibility of the individual trooper. Those binders you speak of, who is in charge of putting it together? Who assumes the cost of materials? There are those who just want to troop events and not want to have to deal with putting out any extra, for whatever their reasons may be. We don't do dues, so its not like we can use "club assets" to pay for this kind of stuff. It ultimately comes down to someone having to foot the bill. Unfortunately, it is usually the same players that fork out the extra expense for the rest of the garrison. Fair? No, but that seems to be the way it generally works out.

Just my two credits worth...

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 08:21:37 AM »
I would like to see something of this for our Garrison.   I like the idea.  The storage is an issue.  Having a Troop tub and set up materials would take alot of room in car.. I know of Events that would be cool to see.  The mannequin would not be in play in this because we are walking around in our costumes  :wink:.  If a table were given to us I can see the binder , and pictures, and props (We have done props and books in the past).  Bill even had a table to do autographs of his Tie Pilot at OMSI (48 hours of Bill)  :wink:. I would like to see something of that at Film fest in Ocotber 2008 in Eugene.  Jason thank you for taking the time to list these idea's.  Looking forward to when you are a CCG member.. 4 more weeks your Vader will rise.
Peace, Allan
Allan Quick

Tags: