Author Topic: New to the Rebel Legion and Kashyyyk Base  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Skyman

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
New to the Rebel Legion and Kashyyyk Base
« on: October 30, 2015, 04:57:46 PM »
Hello everyone, My name is Tom and I live in Washougal, WA.  In my quest to build a really nice Jedi Halloween costume, I came across the Rebel Legion website and started making a costume from scratch that looked as real as possible.  As I came across more information, I started altering parts and accessories to my costume, so they would be according to the generic Jedi standard.  I like the mission of the Rebel Legion and decided to register for the group and complete my generic Jedi costume for approval.  I've made a standard OWK looking generic Jedi costume and an all black generic Jedi costume.  It seems a little late to submit a WIP for my costumes since I'm only waiting on the food capsules and just need to make or buy some belt pouches.

The tutorials that were created by Dawn Bright has inspired me to build a Kylo Ren costume.  I have been acquiring fabric, leather, boots, etc, to start that build next month.  There doesn't seem to be a standard other than trying to copy what she has done.  Should I register on the 501st forum as well and post there or is this a dual website?  Since there is an international group and this local group its a little confusing.  I'm sure I will get it sorted out and should have my photos submitted within a week for approval.

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: New to the Rebel Legion and Kashyyyk Base
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 05:04:23 PM »
Welcome, Tom!

You've found the local place for all things 501st and Rebel Legion--we are both Cloud City Garrison and Kashyyyk Base. We operate pretty much as a combined group here.

Good luck with your costume builds! We've got a couple of other guys who are interested in Kylo Ren builds, so you're in good company.

Offline NavySith

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 06:23:58 PM »
Welcome

Good luck with your build, any questions feel free to ask.

Sent from Kamino using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline MetalJedi

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 10:28:37 AM »
Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forums! You seem to be well on your way with your costumes.

If you have any questions, then please feel free to ask.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 12:44:16 PM »
Greetings and welcome to the forum.

If you have any questions regarding the Rebel Legion I might be able to answer them. I know some bits about the Jedi standards and costumes (I have a Jedi costume in the RL myself), but I'm a pilot judge so most of my knowledge is in that field. :P
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Tags: