Author Topic: Greetings frome Monroe  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Hibson

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Greetings frome Monroe
« on: September 21, 2014, 03:15:04 PM »
After encouragement from some wonderful folks at the Rebel Legion/501st booth at RCCC yesterday, I signed up for an account here. I talked to three of your members yesterday for about 30 minutes and was very impressed at the helpful tips and friendly advice :) I've heard about both organizations for years and have always wanted to join both so I was interested in hearing that I should start with a simple Jedi or Imperial Tech uniform to start trooping and go from there! I'm very much a good person so it's leaning towards the Rebel Legion and maybe a Clone Commando in the distant future :) But I do like the Stormtrooper look! I was told that I'd always get the,"Aren't you a bit small for a Stormtrooper?" question given how petite I am :D

I am relatively-new to cosplay with my full uniforms currently being my Stargate SG1/Atlantis crossover and Mass Effect 3 Commander Shepard N7 armor. Two of my favorite universes and I am a very die-hard Trekkie as well :) Love Star Wars too, one of the few I've found anyway! I'll stop my rambling and just say thank you for the acceptance and I look forward to embarking on my first Star Wars costume soon!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 12:48:26 PM by Hibson »

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Greetings frome Monroe
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 10:56:54 PM »
Greetings. Welcome to the forum.

I can't help you much with the 501st side of things but I could probably give some advice on the Rebel Legion side.

For Jedi, it's always a good idea to look over the requirements so you know what you need... http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39468
Clone Wars... www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13408

You can also introduce yourself and get some help on the forum. There's also guides and stuff...
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

Another fairly easy Rebel Legion costume is the X-wing pilot. Almost all of that costume can be purchased ready-to-wear with the only things you might have to put together yourself being the ejection harness, belt and leg flare holster, though I believe there are people who will make them for you if you want. The belt flares and leg flares can also be purchased-- Elvis Trooper makes some superb metal ones as well as arm tools/code cylinders; I use his gear for my B-wing pilot costume. I'm a Rebel pilot costume judge so I could probably be of a little more help in that area. :P
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:59:28 PM by Blue Leader »
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline NavySith

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 11:48:04 PM »
Welcome

If you want to do a clone then you'll want to check out The Clone Trooper Detachments (http://www.clonetroopers.net/)

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline Hibson

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 08:54:36 PM »
Blue Leader, thank you for the warm welcome! I've already-started to familiarize myself with the Rebel Legion requirements :) Not sure which Jedi look I would go for, of course :D I know someone who does the harnesses that are screen-accurate, he actually-did my Stargate tactical vest :D I thought you had to be an approved member to access the Rebel Legion forums? I might have to look into a Rebel pilot because hey, who doesn't want to be a flygirl :D?

NavySith, I will certainly-check the Clone Trooper Detachments out! Though, I need my introductory uniform/costume first :D For the future!

Blacky: Thank you for the welcome :)

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 10:49:55 PM »
Blue Leader, thank you for the warm welcome! I've already-started to familiarize myself with the Rebel Legion requirements :) Not sure which Jedi look I would go for, of course :D I know someone who does the harnesses that are screen-accurate, he actually-did my Stargate tactical vest :D I thought you had to be an approved member to access the Rebel Legion forums? I might have to look into a Rebel pilot because hey, who doesn't want to be a flygirl :D?
No, you don't need to be a member to post on the Rebel Legion forum. There are a couple sections that you can't post in until you're a member, like the sale section, but most other areas, and all of the costume areas are open to anyone who registers on the forum, no RL membership required.

Pilots are always fun. And one of the few costumes that you can customize... You can give your helmet any kind of paint scheme you want as long as it fits in with the Star Wars universe. :)

But I'm just a pilot junkie, anyway... I've even started collecting the pilot helmets. I have some of the RotJ B-wing pilot helmets (two of which I alternate with my costume), I have an A-wing pilot helmet, and a Naboo pilot helmet, though that one doesn't really count because it's just a crappy Rubies one. (I also have a Rebel fleet trooper helmet that I still need to put together...)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:10:57 PM by Blue Leader »
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 05:28:45 PM »
Welcome! Keep us all updated on any costume decisions and progress. We all like seeing the pictures and reading the updates as new people embark on this journey.

Tags: