Author Topic: Don't mind me sneaking around...  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Don't mind me sneaking around...
« on: May 04, 2011, 11:54:59 PM »
Hi all! I wasn't sure if I should start my own thread or post in my husband's, but I'm Ronime's wife. I registered a few days back so I could see all the posts he was referring to when chattering off about all his 501st research, and he suggested I post to say hi so you all knew who this random new user was :P Eventually I plan on trying to join too as Shae Vizla, the female bounty hunter from SW:TOR, but that will be a little ways off as we just don't have the finances to do both Ron's costume and mine right now. Looks like no one's ever done the character before too, so it's not quite as fast to put the costume together anyways since we'll have to make our own molds and such. Should be fun when we finally are able to do it :) So anyways.... Hi!

Kim

--- Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and more! www.THGProps.com ---

Offline Jabbasdead

Re: Don't mind me sneaking around...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 07:07:09 AM »
Welcome to the boards...

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 12:34:26 PM »
Well welcome Luananeko /Ronime's wife, from Kashyyyk Base Rebel Legion.............ol tony
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 05:16:56 PM »
Hi all! I wasn't sure if I should start my own thread or post in my husband's, but I'm Ronime's wife. I registered a few days back so I could see all the posts he was referring to when chattering off about all his 501st research, and he suggested I post to say hi so you all knew who this random new user was :P Eventually I plan on trying to join too as Shae Vizla, the female bounty hunter from SW:TOR, but that will be a little ways off as we just don't have the finances to do both Ron's costume and mine right now. Looks like no one's ever done the character before too, so it's not quite as fast to put the costume together anyways since we'll have to make our own molds and such. Should be fun when we finally are able to do it :) So anyways.... Hi!

Well you win, or actually Ron wins, a wife that is interested in trooping is awesome and more than welcome here!

Offline Aysel

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »
welcome from one of the girls :mrgreen: I'd love to see a Shae Vizla done, she is seriously kick butt, as for cost for the build, the materials themselves are fairly cheap, it's the time, research, and building that can be costly

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 08:55:52 AM »
welcome from one of the girls :mrgreen: I'd love to see a Shae Vizla done, she is seriously kick butt, as for cost for the build, the materials themselves are fairly cheap, it's the time, research, and building that can be costly

Yeah, we were thinking of making a mold of her armor that we could use in vacuum forming so we could make more copies in case other folks wanted to buy her costume too to help offset our costs, but alas, we got confirmation from the 501st LMO that they can't confirm her as a 501st character until the game is released... Rats! The game should be out sometime in the next year though, so I guess it's not TOO long to wait. I can get stuff ready in the meantime at least :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Kim

Offline Aysel

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 12:30:14 PM »
you could do a trial build out of Sintra...it's pretty cheap and if you mess up a bend you can just reheat it and bend again (it's very forgiving) but since you stated that you guys are doing his costume first it'll give you lots of time to figure out who you want to do and then research and gather materials :mrgreen: and maybe by then she'll be 501st acceptable :mrgreen:

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 12:49:45 PM »
you could do a trial build out of Sintra...it's pretty cheap and if you mess up a bend you can just reheat it and bend again (it's very forgiving) but since you stated that you guys are doing his costume first it'll give you lots of time to figure out who you want to do and then research and gather materials :mrgreen: and maybe by then she'll be 501st acceptable :mrgreen:

Never heard of Sintra before, I'll have to check it out!

Between working on Ron's armor and waiting to get enough funds to go for a costume of my own, I think it'll work out just about right timing-wise for when the game should be coming out... If the game ends up getting delayed too long Ron and I joked about how I could do Darth Talon instead, but I'd need to get in better shape for that, plus I'd feel uncomfortable wearing so little... I'd probably only have the guts to do it if I could wear a body suit, which would cut down on body painting time, but I sincerely doubt that would be 501st acceptable :P Ah well!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:54:55 PM by Luananeko »

Kim

Offline Aysel

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 04:16:08 PM »
Sintra is a brand name of PVC foam board, basically you heat it up in a stove or over a hot burner, heat gun, or boiling water and then you bend it to any shape you'd like and it comes in 3mm and 6mm. the 3mm is really easy to cut with a utility knife

Tags: