Author Topic: CVI - Orlando. Aug 23 - 26, 2012  (Read 3299 times)

Offline tk147

CVI - Orlando. Aug 23 - 26, 2012
« on: June 02, 2011, 11:43:10 AM »
Time to start planning for your trip to CVI!

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/
Michael Hass
TK-147

Offline Aysel

Re: CVI - Orlando. Aug 23 - 26, 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 11:55:33 AM »
it's in Florida again so I don't think we'll be going :cry:

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 03:18:46 PM »
MEH! I'll go if it's ever in the NW, or even SF  :P......................ol tony
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Darkside

• Cloud City Retired
  • CB 3935 Kashyyyk or Bust!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 04:57:23 PM »
Nice I have a year to plan! Ill be going cant wait. :D

Offline Legs McMuffin

• Cloud City Member
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Who aims to misbehave? We do!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 01:56:48 PM »
I don't understand who's bright idea it was to plan an event where most costumes cause heat exhaustion in cold weather and decide, " hey Florida in august sounds perfect!" WTF?! Would love to go, but I'll pass... :(
Danielle

Offline tk147

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 09:46:34 PM »
I don't understand who's bright idea it was to plan an event where most costumes cause heat exhaustion in cold weather and decide, " hey Florida in august sounds perfect!" WTF?! Would love to go, but I'll pass... :(

They have A/C in Florida!
Michael Hass
TK-147

Offline Aysel

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »

it doesn't help if you have to walk from your hotel

Offline Mosi

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 03:55:51 PM »
If it's any help, the Rosen has a sky bridge that connects to the convention center... you don't even have to go outside! Still not sure if we are going though  :mrgreen:
pew pew

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 05:34:55 PM »

Yeah, it also doesn't help if you want to do anything else while you're in town. There's no way I'd travel across the country to spend 4 days solely inside a convention center. There's soooo much to do in and around Orlando. I'd have to go to MGM (or whatever they're calling it now) and see my previous place of employment (if it's still there). :)  If it's got to be in Orlando, they ought to do it in October or March. The weather is fantabulous then, and crowds are nonexistent.

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 06:26:46 PM »

Yeah, it also doesn't help if you want to do anything else while you're in town. There's no way I'd travel across the country to spend 4 days solely inside a convention center. There's soooo much to do in and around Orlando. I'd have to go to MGM (or whatever they're calling it now) and see my previous place of employment (if it's still there). :)  If it's got to be in Orlando, they ought to do it in October or March. The weather is fantabulous then, and crowds are nonexistent.

It all comes down to the short lead time between firming up the conference and the proposed event date - for my company's international conferences (Water Environment Federation) they've booked the convention centers out 10 years in advance! (last year it was held in Orlando in October and another conference was moving in on top of us when we left) - it's cheaper for the sponsors to do it in August as there's not that many conventions going on for the very reason of the weather and open availability.
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Zolotkey

• Cloud City Retired
  • Twitter anyone?
    • Imperial Base
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 09:59:12 PM »
Don't worry about the heat.. Its NOT that bad. :P I survived...
Nick Z
ID/TK-2516 Retired
Sr QA Engineer

Tags: