Author Topic: Yet another newb!  (Read 3198 times)

Offline PDXTimbers

• Cloud City Retired
  • aka BrianD TK/DS-42121
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Yet another newb!
« on: June 18, 2014, 01:43:07 PM »
Hi! My name is Brian. I live in SW PDX.  I am new to all of this and still reading up on this site and other sites.  I guess I always knew there was "something" out there but wow, so impressed with what I've come across in research.  And it's really cool what you've done with the Children's Museum, etc.

I still need to read up on Netiquette, etc and figure out what's what.  Armor...yes...to figure that out and how to source it.  Fortunately, there seems to be some good summaries on a few sites to procure it and I'll need to search through the forums a bit more.  If anyone has any leads, please let me know.

I am thinking of Stormtrooper Commander so that would be OK to add to the mix?  Procurement might take a while but any tips will be appreciated and I'll try to keep my eye on the Spotter thread so I could pitch in sans-uniform.

I'm off to read up the forum.
Looking for Droids.  R2 and BB units mostly.
Brian D; PDXTimbers

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Yet another newb!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 01:49:01 PM »
Welcome to the boards! The more the merrier :)

There are a lot of good threads on the FISD boards for how to get started on sourcing your Stormtrooper armor, and you've got a local option here when it comes to picking out a blaster. Plus there's lots of people on the boards here that can help answer your questions if you run into an confusion or snags! Looking forward to seeing your build!

Kim

--- Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and more! www.THGProps.com ---

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 02:08:04 PM »
Welcome!
Macy

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 02:11:34 PM »
Welcome! Glad to have you on board. Keep an eye on the Spotter Check In board for opportunities to come out and experience some events with us while you start your journey. :)

Offline Wylde

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 02:41:46 PM »
Welcome and Hello from another Newb!

Offline NavySith

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 05:19:04 PM »
Welcome

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 08:45:25 PM »
hello and welcome.
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline stevo502

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 06:45:08 AM »
Welcome aboard! To answer your question, YES the Stormtrooper Commander is a 501st approvable costume and we would love to add one to the mix, here's a link to the specific details for it:

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_commander

I'm sure you've already headed over to www.whitearmor.net but that's definitely the place to go to learn about armor!

Looking forward to another Stormtrooper joining the ranks! (because there's no so thing as too many!)

-steve

Offline PDXTimbers

• Cloud City Retired
  • aka BrianD TK/DS-42121
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 11:25:56 PM »
I'm still chugging along, aiming for a TKC.  As the ROTJ TK is the base, I might figure out the ROTJ TK and get 501st approved with that to get "legit" and then work on converting to a TKC?  Or, should I just plug away on the TKC and skip past getting 501st approved on the base ROTJ TK?

In any event, working on getting ROTJ TK armor and accessories.  Looking for a E-11 Blaster if anyone could PM me a lead for local sourcing.  I see a few threads on White Armour boards too but always interested in sourcing local if possible.
Looking for Droids.  R2 and BB units mostly.
Brian D; PDXTimbers

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 10:54:18 AM »
Unfortunately I don't know of a local ROTJ blaster source... THG Props makes ANH and ESB E-11s, but not ROTJ. The White Armor boards are your best bet for ROTJ :)

Kim

--- Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and more! www.THGProps.com ---

Offline Katze

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 12:05:21 PM »
Welcome!
TR-52638
Janet