Author Topic: Looking to join  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Darth Mel

Looking to join
« on: February 21, 2014, 06:03:45 PM »
I purchased a Rubies Jar-Jar Binks costume from eBay and wanted to know if this was 501st acceptable?

In case you haven't figured it out, I was joking of course!  I just wanted to use humor to break the ice.  My name is Mel, and I moved to Oregon from Northern California Bay Area about 8 years ago.  I became a Star Wars fan ever since I saw Episode IV as a kid growing up in the 70's.

I found out about the 501st after stumbling across an internet article, and was immediately interested in joining. After speaking to Steve at the Wizard World Portland booth this past January, and doing countless hours of research, I decided to take the plunge and get started with a Scout Trooper costume.  I ordered my armor from MC, but due to the prop maker's busy schedule, I will not be able to complete my TB costume for acceptance until late fall.

In the meantime, as suggested, I would love to participate in an upcoming event as a spotter.  Looking forward to meeting everybody!

-Mel

Offline Leia8674

Re: Looking to join
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 06:09:16 PM »
Hi Mel....

LOL - way to go on the Jar-Jar - you had me going for a brief moment!   Congrats on your steps to becoming part of Star Wars Oregon/501st.  I love it more and more!!!  Look forward to meeting you.

Cheers,
Macy
Macy

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 07:15:55 PM »
Sent you a message!
Jedi Missy

Offline stevo502

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 07:32:42 PM »
Great! Welcome aboard, hopefully they'll get ahead of schedule so you can get armored up sooner!

Jar-Jar would be a big hit with the kids....just sayin.

-steve

Offline MetalJedi

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 09:15:02 PM »
Welcome!

The Empire can always use more treebashers ... er ... dodgers. Yeah. That's what I meant. Scout troopers never have trouble with trees.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline td0573

• 501st Legion Member
  • Dave
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 05:54:46 PM »
Welcome to the Empire's Finest! 8)

There are many choices to chose from when you are thinking about joining. Armor is always the best! IMHO :D

I hope to meet you at an event soon.
It's Good to be Legion...

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 10:16:22 AM »
Armor is awesome, don't drink too much water or other liquids before trooping though.   :grin: Tie pilots flight suit (at least mine) zips from top and bottom.

Dax
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Ribann

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 07:16:05 PM »
I purchased a Rubies Jar-Jar Binks costume from eBay and wanted to know if this was 501st acceptable?

In case you haven't figured it out, I was joking of course!  I just wanted to use humor to break the ice.

You could have milked this for so much more.

Anyway, welcome! :)

Offline Mark-John Jinn

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 02:45:01 PM »
OH MAN! your weren't serious about the Jar Jar costume? That stinks. I didn't want to be the "I hate that guy" guy anymore. With a Jar Jar you would have been "that" guy.
Welcome anyway.
LOL

"Those Tuskens walk like men, but they're vicious, mindless monsters."
-Cliegg Lars

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 05:17:27 PM »
hello and welcome
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,