Author Topic: Hello! Possibly new member!  (Read 2975 times)

Offline nightelfcrawler

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello! Possibly new member!
« on: July 26, 2012, 05:31:51 PM »
Hi everyone...

I've been in the Portland area for about a year now, and am seeking ways to get involved in fun things. Being a huge Star Wars fan, I've been searching around for the various groups I've seen doing costume runs in town, with less than easy success. I'm hoping this might be a good springboard to start getting involved.

I have a costume, but it's not up to specs as to something I would be proud of. It's a hand-made Jedi outfit loosely resembling Mace Windu's. I would very much like to have help or assistance to make something a bit more authentic. Perhaps doing something a bit more daring, and challenging.

And above all I'd love to be part of a group, meet people, and become socially active with helping out in any way I can.

Thanks, and hopefully this is the right place to start connecting with other fans and getting involved!

~Jen

Offline Aysel

Re: Hello! Possibly new member!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:51:23 PM »
Hello and Welcome! you've definitely come to the right place for all your Oregon Star Wars costuming needs. To learn more about Jedi costuming you can go to the main Rebel Legion site www.rebellegion.com

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 05:59:47 PM »
Welcome, Jen! You've definitely come to the right place. You'll find loads of info on the Rebel Legion and 501st Legion sites about building costumes, and folks here locally will usually be able to help too. Don't be afraid to ask questions. :)

Keep an eye on the Event Announcements and Spotter forums. Lots of new, potential members start out spotting at our events. It's a great way to meet costumers in person, ask questions, and see what trooping is like.

Offline nightelfcrawler

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 06:12:34 PM »
Thank you very much, I will be sure to keep an eye out, and poke about for tips. I have always wondered where one would get the materials and skills to make a trooper or Boba Fett outfit.

Offline Terrys

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 09:16:40 AM »
Welcome to the group.

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 10:56:12 AM »
Welcome Jen  :D, I saw you found your way to the Rebel Legion site as well. This is the most used site by both groups.............Old Tony Kenobi
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline nightelfcrawler

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 11:28:53 AM »
Thank you all!

Yes, I noticed this has more recent information.

I will try to take some photos of my costume this weekend and upload. I'd love some feedback... I also would love to start off by helping spot at some activities to meet everyone and become involved while I work on improving my outfit!

Online stevo502

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 01:48:13 PM »
Welcome Jen! I see you're more Rebel Legion that 501st right now, but we will work on making sure you join the dark side. We'll try to keep our public event announcements up to date so you can drop by and say hello sometime!

Offline nightelfcrawler

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 02:17:23 PM »
I'm totally open to being a double agent :p Was thinking of trying a Mara Jade, or something else. The caviat towards my costuming is, I don't want to spend thousands of dollars to do it, so that likely excludes some of the fancier armor sets. Anything I can sew myself is great.

Offline Aysel

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 09:16:34 PM »
I'm totally open to being a double agent :p Was thinking of trying a Mara Jade, or something else. The caviat towards my costuming is, I don't want to spend thousands of dollars to do it, so that likely excludes some of the fancier armor sets. Anything I can sew myself is great.

If you want to do Mara Jade come talk to me at http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/ ^_^

Tags: