Author Topic: Anovos ANH TK pre-order people, please check in!  (Read 26669 times)

Offline Lidocaine

Re: Anovos ANH TK pre-order people, please check in!
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2016, 08:27:44 AM »
James and I spent most of Saturday evening and Sunday on his armor, and have all of the parts trimmed and sanded and all of the arms and legs (minus the thigh pieces) together. I was going to document most of the process, but I ended up with about three pictures. Ooops.

The neck seal I'm not a big fan of. When James tried it on, it was really tough to get past the ribbed part of the neckseal. You really have to exert a ton of force on it to move past there. Not sure if over time that will get better but with how small the zipper is I have a feeling it's life will be short. Anyone else have this problem? I think Darman on FISD will be a busy guy very soon...
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2016, 03:33:11 PM »
Luke,

We met back in July at the Sherwood parade (and maybe at Starlight).

My kit should arrive on Wed.  I'd love to get together with you guys, if you wouldn't mind another.

I'm in the Vancouver area, but I'm willing to travel. 

Thanks.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2016, 04:58:59 PM »
Daryl - Shot you a PM.
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2016, 05:48:29 PM »
James and I spent most of Saturday evening and Sunday on his armor, and have all of the parts trimmed and sanded and all of the arms and legs (minus the thigh pieces) together. I was going to document most of the process, but I ended up with about three pictures. Ooops.

The neck seal I'm not a big fan of. When James tried it on, it was really tough to get past the ribbed part of the neckseal. You really have to exert a ton of force on it to move past there. Not sure if over time that will get better but with how small the zipper is I have a feeling it's life will be short. Anyone else have this problem? I think Darman on FISD will be a busy guy very soon...

that neck seal zipper is tiny, I think you are correct on its lifespan

I also think the canvas belt may need replaced.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2016, 08:27:12 PM »
As I start trimming my armor, I am reminded of a few tips that may come in handy if anyone is attempting this for the first time:

1.Score and snap works best on straight cuts, but be cautious around corners. The plastic will want to tear, especially if the score isn't deep enough.
2. Go slow, the plastic is slippery, even with a brand new blade it can get away from you.
3. The trim line is a good guide, but the blade will easily cut right out of that indentation.

and a reminder (although you've heard it a million times) cut AWAY from yourself. My 3rd piece in.....blood....

Chris

SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2016, 08:44:15 PM »
Also, before you glue anything, all of the plastic has a thin plastic film on it. You'll want to take that off :)
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Barclay

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2016, 09:07:07 PM »
Soon my wife's kit and mine will show up... At the rate they are shipping, we are thinking mig Feb instead of early march

Offline omagro

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2016, 10:08:02 PM »
Fedex try to deliver my kit on Saturday and I was not aware that was shipped, according with Anovos shipping schedule and based on when I PO my kit, I was supposed to get it in late Feb. Since Fedex doesn't deliver on Mondays I'll have to wait and pickup the box tomorrow. I'll post some pictures.

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2016, 02:55:26 PM »
Vicki let me know that my delivery from Anovos arrived today! Told her to keep Nick from opening it up  :evil:
Has to wait until I get back from Atlanta (Thursday night).  :grin:
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Capt Needle

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2016, 07:13:46 PM »
We got ours today too! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Madighon

« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2016, 07:58:58 AM »
Got my kit yesterday.

Super happy to see it after so long a wait.  I was a May the 4th purchaser, so there is hope that everyone will get theirs soon.

I have to say I'm fairly unimpressed with the helmet.  I have 2 other helmets, Tie Fighter and Royal Guard.  One is Vinyl and the other PVC (I think).  Both are thick material and very sturdy.  The TK helmet I got from Anovos is super thin, I think the masks that my kids have were made with thicker material.  The bucket is warped in the back, the opening was trimmed unevenly in front so one side is closer to my neck than the other. One side of the eyebrows (where the mask meets the helmet and has the rubber seal) seams to be wider than the other.  One of the tusks??? is loose and the material behind it is super thin and I can't tighten it.  The green visor material was super loose and didn't fit very tight, I tried to get it tighter and it started warping the eye holes, so I'll have to do some fitting there.  And what's with the ridiculous hard hat liner thing held in with 3 pieces of Velcro?  the bucket slips and slides around, I looked like a bobble head walking around. 

Maybe some of the others on here who have buckets already can chime in and let me know if this is common among TK buckets. 
I will bring it with me on Saturday (Evergreen aviation special needs day), maybe I'm over critical.

Other than that I really look forward to trimming the armor and getting it ready for build.

Thanks,
Madighon
Madighon
TI-90603-TR (TK on the way)

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2016, 09:27:57 AM »
I think most TK buckets are warped/wonky in the back, we did a quick eyeball test between my RS and the Anovos and the backs seemed fairly similar. I'll try to remember to bring my RS bucket to Evergreen and we can compare a little closer.

I'd agree that the visor was pretty cheap and the hard hard liner is terrible. I'd guess that they ran out of space to include a ratcheting system like in their FO TK helmet. I think we had to reglue the velcro after trying it on once or twice.

Since the belt/hoslter has 4 Chicago screws, and ANH stunt has 2, James removed the top screws. It's a decently sized hole too. Hmm. The belt is pretty flimsy compared to my RS belt, we thought about adding another layer of cloth to the backside, and that'd at least have a white background to the hole and give the belt a little more rigidity. Anyone thought of creative ideas for this?

Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Capt Needle

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2016, 10:41:49 AM »
Got my kit yesterday.

Super happy to see it after so long a wait.  I was a May the 4th purchaser, so there is hope that everyone will get theirs soon.

I have to say I'm fairly unimpressed with the helmet.  I have 2 other helmets, Tie Fighter and Royal Guard.  One is Vinyl and the other PVC (I think).  Both are thick material and very sturdy.  The TK helmet I got from Anovos is super thin, I think the masks that my kids have were made with thicker material.  The bucket is warped in the back, the opening was trimmed unevenly in front so one side is closer to my neck than the other. One side of the eyebrows (where the mask meets the helmet and has the rubber seal) seams to be wider than the other.  One of the tusks??? is loose and the material behind it is super thin and I can't tighten it.  The green visor material was super loose and didn't fit very tight, I tried to get it tighter and it started warping the eye holes, so I'll have to do some fitting there.  And what's with the ridiculous hard hat liner thing held in with 3 pieces of Velcro?  the bucket slips and slides around, I looked like a bobble head walking around. 

Maybe some of the others on here who have buckets already can chime in and let me know if this is common among TK buckets. 
I will bring it with me on Saturday (Evergreen aviation special needs day), maybe I'm over critical.

Other than that I really look forward to trimming the armor and getting it ready for build.

Thanks,
Madighon

Yup! Thin and cut quick for speedy delivery!
I'm a little concerned about using the "hard hat liner" (cough, joke, cough) that tightening it will warp the helmet more....
that is IF it stays stuck....which it doesn't seem to want to do.
There are "unpacking the box" videos that all say the same things.
I'll stick with foam.
Also the mesh is held in place with double sided tape and the visor is velcro, so it slides down.
Most are noticing the eyes have a gap at the top you can see through because of the sliding. For me, because it it one long piece, it cuts the bridge of my nose, so it will have to be cut into two pieces, one for each eye...they way it should be!
As for the holster belt, I'm miffed they put it together in the first place! It supposed to be a kit so we can fit them.
I'm SMALL!
I'll have to take it completely apart and redo the whole thing. Have to make a whole new cloth belt thanks to the holes!
Oh well, it was "cheap"!

Offline Capt Needle

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2016, 10:46:45 AM »
Vicki let me know that my delivery from Anovos arrived today! Told her to keep Nick from opening it up  :evil:
Has to wait until I get back from Atlanta (Thursday night).  :grin:

Phil!!
Nice Avatar!!
;)
:P

Offline omagro

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2016, 12:06:37 PM »
Hi guys,

I got my kit over the weekend and I would like to start working on it. This is the first time I do it and want to submit it for approval, do I need to document all the process in an specific thread? Or do I need to create my own. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: