Author Topic: Friday, March 7: Winterhawks Mascot night  (Read 16712 times)

Offline Hoot

Re: Friday, March 7: Winterhawks Mascot night
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 07:19:26 PM »
Thanks for the update Hoot.  Terrified, but looking forward to it. :D

If they need real names, I also frequently go by "Josh Hughes" :-)
Cob,

Thank you.

<<<<<To all>>>>>

The following question was asked:
are we to assume parking is free?

My answer:
From past experience no you will have to pay. I would suggest carpooling.
-Matthew

Offline Krell

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 06:28:14 AM »
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it tonight, as my plans have chnaged. I hope you all have a great time tonight!
-------------------------
~ Jay ~

Darth Revan (WIP)
Future 501st Member
Cloud City Garrison

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 02:49:34 PM »
Since Jay cannot make it, I have made arrangements to get off work early and make it up in time to help! I'll tell 'em I'm Jay, or meet up with some of you by the entrance so I can find out Jay's last name. That might be cool. If you wish, please feel free to call me at 541-228-1900 as I travel up from Eugene to give me further advice.
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline Hoot

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 03:43:16 PM »
Since Jay cannot make it, I have made arrangements to get off work early and make it up in time to help! I'll tell 'em I'm Jay, or meet up with some of you by the entrance so I can find out Jay's last name. That might be cool. If you wish, please feel free to call me at 541-228-1900 as I travel up from Eugene to give me further advice.
There is no need to lie. When you get here just tell them your are with Cloud City Garrison and you are here for the Mascot Night. IF they press the issue tell hem that you are a spotter.
-Matthew

Offline Hoot

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 09:33:04 PM »
Despite the rocky start, for some of the costumers, great work spotters.
-Matthew

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 10:13:01 AM »
I had a blast, so glad I made the drive. Thanks to Christy for taking what I hope are good enough submission photos to get me approved. They gave us our own locker room, Go "Imperial Army"!! I took a photo of the sign they out on the door, I'll get it posted soon. If anyone has a group photo from the spotters, I'd love a copy.

Greg AKA Dax

Offline Cob

• Cloud City Reserve
  • IS-10054
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »
Well.... that was an absolute blast.

Got there just about on time, and the event staff told me that Mel was in charge. :-)  The Imperial Army locker room was empty and a neighboring person told me to check room D where I found a bunch of folks.

We get into a cargo elevator and ride up to the main concourse just as people are starting to stream into the arena.  The doors open and there's a shitload of girls dressed up like cheerleaders standing there and they see the wookie and just go completely nuts...  He probably made it 15 feet from the elevator.

What a mess, my face hurt from all the smiling after the first hour. Can't wait to spot some more events while I slowly chip away at my costume project. Thanks for letting us n00bs tag along. :-D

Cheers!

Offline Hoot

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 02:56:06 PM »
Quote from: Patricio
All,

Thank you to all who joined in on the blow out game for the Winterhawks! Fun as usual and many happy and appreciative fans that took boatloads of photos. The Winterhawks staff and accomodations were first rate as always . . . how about that cooling fan in the locker room?!?!?!? WONDERFUL!!! I hope to see you again next year or into the playoffs this year if possible, thanks again!

-Matthew

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 06:24:11 PM »
Now you can modify the Survived winterhawks night slate to say twice!

Offline Hoot

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 07:06:12 AM »
Now you can modify the Survived winterhawks night slate to say twice!
Already done... however this troop was my third. The first has '11-'12 I missed lasts years troop.
-Matthew

Tags: