Author Topic: 06.04.2016 Starlight Parade  (Read 22233 times)

Offline Anzo

Re: 06.04.2016 Starlight Parade
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2016, 08:24:41 AM »
Sounds good. Please add my niece Jenna to the list too. She is 16, 6 ft tall and will keep any rogue spectators at bay!

Offline Anzo

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2016, 04:18:58 PM »
Sorry, one more, my 21 yr old niece Hayley is willing to help too.

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2016, 05:33:33 PM »
Got both of them on the list. Thank you!

Sent from the Jedi Temple
Jedi Missy

Offline Onegoodeye

• Try not! Do or do not, there is no try.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2016, 11:55:35 PM »
 :grin: I am very excited to meet the group and see the Cloud City Garrison at work for the first time in person. I would love to be a spotter for this parade and put my camera skills to work as well. I have read through the requirements for spotters and couldn't be more excited. I also have a Jedi costume yet to be OKed for the Kashyyyk Rebel Base and have been speaking with Lori E about it. I am needing to contact Harry for an acceptance for this parade I believe.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 06:39:44 AM by Onegoodeye »

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2016, 12:57:59 AM »
You don't need to contact Harry. I'll add you to the list. See you Saturday!!

Jedi Missy

Offline Onegoodeye

• Try not! Do or do not, there is no try.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 01:11:42 AM »
You don't need to contact Harry. I'll add you to the list. See you Saturday!!

Wonderful, see you there!

Offline TKDMAC74

• Eternal Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 11:32:53 AM »
Missy, go ahead and put me down for spotting the crew. My TI project is a few weeks out!
 Thanks, Dave
TI-74770
Dave "Dodger" McAdams

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2016, 11:51:08 AM »

Offline rlycrvns

• Cloud City Retired
  • Walk softly and carry a big gun
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 03:33:53 PM »
Please roster my girlfriend Cat as a spotter if there are still spots available. Thanks!
TK/DS-11731

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2016, 12:07:44 PM »
My potential spotter (Nate) cannot make this event.  Sorry.   :oops:

Lori
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline james.p.moser

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2016, 12:18:28 PM »
I will be there in my newly approved ANH Stunt TK. My 16 year old son Liam and 12 year old daughter Bella will be with me and are very responsible. My question is my son built a Mando costume and although not a canon character it is very well done and I would say "Parade ready" can he participate with us in costume and hang out with me? Yes, I know there is the "Mandalorian Mercs" which are their own separate club but he's really proud of his costume and would like to wear it if possible. (I have to do my daddy duties and at least ask, especially since I am brand new and this is my first troop!)

If not he would still be okay with being a spotter. We can also bring a "little red wagon" decorated SW style to collect any items that may get away from people during the route.

Thanks for your consideration.

Jim M.
Jim - TK50899

Offline Anakin_Samuel

• You Underestimate My Power...
    • Sleepy Soul Bandcamp
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2016, 12:18:40 PM »
How do I apply to be a jedi knight (in this case Anakin) in the parade? I'd love to be a spotter if I can't walk in costume. THANKS!
I may be a chosen one... It is said that I will destroy the Sith, not join them. I am to bring balance to the force - not to leave it in darkness.

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2016, 03:29:42 PM »
I will be there in my newly approved ANH Stunt TK. My 16 year old son Liam and 12 year old daughter Bella will be with me and are very responsible. My question is my son built a Mando costume and although not a canon character it is very well done and I would say "Parade ready" can he participate with us in costume and hang out with me? Yes, I know there is the "Mandalorian Mercs" which are their own separate club but he's really proud of his costume and would like to wear it if possible. (I have to do my daddy duties and at least ask, especially since I am brand new and this is my first troop!)

If not he would still be okay with being a spotter. We can also bring a "little red wagon" decorated SW style to collect any items that may get away from people during the route.

Jim M.

Hi, Jim. We typically need our spotters to be at least 18 years old.  For this event I've pushed that to 15-16, but really do need to keep the age requirement there. So, 12 is pretty young to be a spotter at a parade due to the sometimes unruly nature of the crowd and that the spotters are sometimes the "bouncers" of the parade. So, I can't sign up your daughter. I hope you understand

As far as your son wearing his Mando armor, you'd need to run that by the event coordinators & and COs. I'd reach out to them in the general event thread. 

Jedi Missy

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2016, 03:32:33 PM »
How do I apply to be a jedi knight (in this case Anakin) in the parade? I'd love to be a spotter if I can't walk in costume. THANKS!

Is your Jedi Rebel Legion approved? If so, you'd just need to find the general event thread and sign up there. If not, we'd love to have you join us as a spotter.

Jedi Missy

Offline james.p.moser

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2016, 04:27:32 PM »

Jim M.

Hi, Jim. We typically need our spotters to be at least 18 years old.  For this event I've pushed that to 15-16, but really do need to keep the age requirement there. So, 12 is pretty young to be a spotter at a parade due to the sometimes unruly nature of the crowd and that the spotters are sometimes the "bouncers" of the parade. So, I can't sign up your daughter. I hope you understand

As far as your son wearing his Mando armor, you'd need to run that by the event coordinators & and COs. I'd reach out to them in the general event thread. 

Thanks for the reply Missy. I understand completely. I was thinking she could pull a wagon or something so she isn't necessarily interacting with the crowd. But instead I will have her come the the parade with her grandparents and watch. I'll shoot a message off to the others and see what they have to say about the costume. He's fine either way but it'd be fun to troop together.

Jim
Jim - TK50899

Tags: