Author Topic: Hello from SE Portland  (Read 2001 times)

Offline RoseCity_Trooper

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello from SE Portland
« on: December 01, 2014, 01:17:49 PM »
Greetings!  I just found out about the 501st, and I am pleased to find a Northwest group.  I am currently looking into a clone trooper or stormtrooper armor project.

So far, from reading posts on clonetrooper.net, I'm interested in Kevin's kits (Imperial Surplus).  Anyone here have experience with these kits?

From researching whitearmor, I'm curious to know more about the ATA and TM armor kits.  Anyone have experience with either of those?  I'm noticing both are somewhat difficult to come by.

Finally, thanks so much for creating this group and forum!  Amazing to see so much creativity and dedication!

Offline Dax Corrin

Re: Hello from SE Portland
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 02:16:08 PM »
Welcome aboard, we can always use more stormtroopers!
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline NavySith

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 05:20:10 PM »
I have Kevin's clone kit. I've been trooping pretty steady with it for almost 3.5 years and have only had a few minor problems. It is a little more pricy compared to some other kits but worth it if you expect to troop for a long time.

Welcome any questions, ask away.
Sent from Kamino using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 05:28:03 PM »
Welcome to the boards!  The more stormies and clones the better!

ATA is really nice looking, screen accurate Stormtrooper armor out of Michigan. It's in the $550-650 range for the complete armor and helmet kit.  The downside is the wait-list. 7 to 9 months for the armor.  Although, you can order just the helmet kit, have that shipped right away, then be added to the wait-list for the armor. That's what I did.
Troopermaster (TM) is even more accurate than ATA, and ships out the UK. I'm not sure what the wait-list looks like. The downside... more than double the cost of ATA.   
As far as clonetrooper kits, KWdesigns are pretty much the cream-of-the-crop! Animated and movie style armor.   

TK/TD-76216

Offline B-Pfau

• Cloud City Reserve
  • TK-17472
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 09:03:23 PM »
Welcome to the boards!
-Brian
TK-17472