Author Topic: MISSION COMPLETE: 'Light Vader's Saber for DCH" event...  (Read 40427 times)

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
That was fast !!! Like the way you work. Me and Stomper have a couple of houses you can paint...should only take you an hour or so   :D :D :D
Robin Paynter

Life's too short to be so sour...

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
That was fast !!! Like the way you work. Me and Stomper have a couple of houses you can paint...should only take you an hour or so   :D :D :D

LOL Sure! Can I paint a "Vader" themed Mural on the wall? Np---
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Just got off the phone with Natali, with KATU channel 2, and she is going to forward my email upto the assignment desk, and try to get it on the air!
She also mentioned she would forward that email to her family and friends as well as bring her son!

*can I get a woot woot?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:26:23 AM by Cooter Davis »
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
*can I get a woot woot?
  WOOT WOOT !!!!!!!!  Awesome ! 
Robin Paynter

Life's too short to be so sour...

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Well I heard back from KGW, and while they aren't going to air anything, they said I could post the event on the community calender. So I did just that, and hopefully that gets a zillion views a day or so.

Still waiting for news from KOIN 6, and that would be the end of the stations I contacted.

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Great Job Cooter.. Way to get word out... WOOT WOOT.. This is going to be a fun event.
Allan Quick

Offline ClonenolC

• Cloud City Retired
  • my backpack's got jets... no, for real!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
i got nuthin goin on that weekend.... i suppose i can come play with you all.  count  the Fettman in.  I'll bring the jedi outfit, just in case i get the urge to throw down the sabers. 
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Way to spread the word cooter! :mrgreen:

WOOT WOOT
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Fawn -5 small, brown teddy bears for Ewoks (check)
Paul - 5 frisbees (check, plus he scored the guns for us)
Doug - 5 wiffle balls (nothing yet but I think Paul said he had wiffle balls)

Robin - 20 Trooper tagets (check, plus the box to stand choking victims on )
Nick - 20 Ewoks (check)
Allen - 20 Jar Jar tagets (check)
Scot - 20 Jawa (check)

Kirk is doing 160 Imperial Handbooks for kids.

Promotional stuff has been going out.

Kevin, Fawn, Paul - How is the Apprentice Academy going?  Kevin, will you be showing and bringing the sabers?

Backdrop -  Is DST willing to have the Tantive IV backdrop there?

CCG banner - This is in Bill England's shop.  Can that get to someone or be brought to the event by someone?

Vader's Saber - I will be picking this up from Tony.

RAZOR Scooter or the like - Does anyone have one we can use?  We need one for the final heat of the Olympics event.

I believe the teams will still be 5 to team, but if need be for numbers reasons we can make smaller teams.  So far we have a tremendous turnout!

Anything else anyone can think of?

I am making the giant Jar Jar, Wampa, and Death Star targets!!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 06:32:01 PM by FireStorm »
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I will bring Luke Skywalker costume as well .. it depends if I want a break form TK..But I doubt it ..LOLOL.. I love my TK.   I have not slept with it on yet.. LOLOLOL.. Karyn would boot me out of bed ...Anyway.. Do we have numbers on how many of us are going to make this??
Allan Quick

Knaves

And Knaves, I would need to inquire about homemade food products sold to the public guidelines before I can answer/comment on this.  If not this year, possibly next.  However.....I'm not opposssed to a trial run with CCG members  :D 

She said she was pretty sure there was some regulations about it all and if it wasn't ok she suggested that she could make soap out of the molds and sell those for charity. But either way i'll keep checking back and see what's up.

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
She said she was pretty sure there was some regulations about it all and if it wasn't ok she suggested that she could make soap out of the molds and sell those for charity. But either way i'll keep checking back and see what's up.

Soap? Now there's a good idea. Nothing can Defeat a "Clean Empire!" Especially since after that armor comes off we all smell like a bad sock!

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Yeah I'll bring the wiffle balls... as far as the Jedi academy, Fawn and I have a series of Esricma counts that we use at the school so i figure we can do something based on those. I'll bring both my TK and my Revan (Don't feel like being called skeletor)
Paul

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Well I got approval to pass out fliers at my wifes work place. She says they have aproxamately 80 kids through there
a day. So hopefully those fliers will go like hotcakes.

I havn't heard from either Radio station, but I found out later that
KUFO has rock fest the same day. So I doubt we will get any love from them.
As for the Playhouse, jammin 95.5, I think I emailed them after their show
was over, so maybe I'll hear something tomorrow. Who knows......

Qui-Fawn

I'm planning on chatting with Kevin on Saturday at the whole bar-thingy about what he wants to do for the Lightsaber Academy.  Like Paul said, we've got escrima counts we can use but hey, it's a lightsaber and we should be doing way cooler things with it.  I know Kev's really keen with swords and stuff, so we should definitely work on incorporating that in.  We had a pretty good trial run at the Sherwood block party that was pretty much ad libbed, so with more planning we should be stellar.

And oh, by the way, Cooter: you're the most awesome of awesomeness.  :D  Nice networking!

Tags: