Author Topic: MISSION COMPLETE: 'Light Vader's Saber for DCH" event...  (Read 40404 times)

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Well I'm defiantly doing DCH and if needed I'll be more then happy to do Vader for WTC.I could see If I can fit into Rick's vader(That way the wookie can draw in all the attention 8) )

Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Well I'm defiantly doing DCH and if needed I'll be more then happy to do Vader for WTC.I could see If I can fit into Rick's vader(That way the wookie can draw in all the attention 8) )

Is that you, Nick2?

BA

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Martin,

What is the finished size of the cut outs ???
Robin Paynter

Life's too short to be so sour...

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
About 6 to 8 inches tall.

ALSO, IT IS ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE THAT WE GET A BOX FOR VADER CHOKING PICTURES!!  DOES ANYONE HAVE SOMETHING PEOPLE CAN STAND ON FOR VADER CHOKING PICTURES???

I still need to hear from people who I have asked to do some work for this event.  If you are not going to or can't then tell me now so I can make other arrangements. 

Robin, is it possible to get a roll away tv and dvd player out there?  I thought we could throw the DVD from OMSI out there maybe.

Also, Phil, are there fliers left from the Special Olympics gig that I brought?  If so we need those on deck and out there for us!

Kyle has made a beautiful flier for us to advertise.  Do we have a ways and means of getting that out there?  Where are we with other advertisements for this event?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:08:52 AM by FireStorm »
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards

Is that you, Nick2?

BA
Indeed my friend,The one and only! :mrgreen:

Dad's away on business but yes we still have the box filled with fliers,I'll get to work and print out those Ewok pics Martin
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline xeco

• SL-1838 + Kashyyyk Base
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I have a poly step stool. If I can't make the event I can give it to Kyle to bring. 12" tall.

I'm not sure if I can make this event. But, I shall endeavour. We'll see I suspect.

About 6 to 8 inches tall.

ALSO, IT IS ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE THAT WE GET A BOX FOR VADER CHOKING PICTURES!!  DOES ANYONE HAVE SOMETHING PEOPLE CAN STAND ON FOR VADER CHOKING PICTURES???

I still need to hear from people who I have asked to do some work for this event.  If you are not going to or can't then tell me now so I can make other arrangements. 

Robin, is it possible to get a roll away tv and dvd player out there?  I thought we could throw the DVD from OMSI out there maybe.

Also, Phil, are there fliers left from the Special Olympics gig that I brought?  If so we need those on deck and out there for us!

Kyle has made a beautiful flier for us to advertise.  Do we have a ways and means of getting that out there?  Where are we with other advertisements for this event?

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I have the step stool from last year's event for Vader Force Choking pictures. It accomadated a child of 8 to an adult. It worked last year - I'm bringing it again.
I have printed (Kyle's) flyers and have already handed them out today.

About the TV: we can bring our's...I already asked about borrowing one - Nope.
Robin Paynter

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
After Martins mass Email, I'll try to help with Advertising. Tomorrow I'll write up some Professional "looking" email, and email to every DJ on KUFO. Everybody loves Starwars and sick kids, so if I work that angle in the email perhaps we can get a "on air" mention or maybe even an interview. Should I drop them my phone number or somebody elses?

Also most local Tv News stations have some local heros segment. I'll try emailing them too, explain the situation, and maybe we can get an on air mention too. That would be kudos.

Also I will start making up a Tattoo gun out of a VCR motor and some indian ink. I know where Bill lives so I will go over there on Sunday to put that advertising  on his "forehead!"
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Knaves

Sorry I've been out of the loop for awhile and also this whole event is new for me. I would like to attend and try and do anything I can that my schedule and budget allows.
Also the last few days Heather, my girlfriend, has been bugging me to ask you guys a few questions. I figured it might fit in here. She recently acquired some candy molds off of ebay, one has yoda and r2 as suckers and vader, stormtrooper and chewie as bitesized candy bits, and then two sucker trays with r2 and 3po respectively. Well, she's been asking me if it would be ok if she made some up and sold them, giving what ever money she got from them to what ever charity we were running the event for, which in this case would be DCH. But like I said this event is a new one for me and I'm not sure if there's room to set up this sort of thing. But just let me know and I'll let here know the answer.   
EDIT
Also I'll ask if I can drop some fliers off at the daycare that I work at. I'm not sure on our policy about advertising but I'm sure it wont be that big of a deal.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 12:18:57 AM by Knaves »

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Here's my suggestion, Cooter......give the folks you contact for advertising your number,  and include the event flyer in the original email to them. If you have any questions, you can ask me or Martin.

And Knaves, I would need to inquire about homemade food products sold to the public guidelines before I can answer/comment on this.  If not this year, possibly next.  However.....I'm not opposssed to a trial run with CCG members  :D 
Robin Paynter

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
What event flyer?
*Nevermind I found it.....
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Well I emailed Kufo, and Jammin 95.5 (those guys came over and took a pic with us at the trailblazer event), and hopefully they will give us an on air mention. I dont see why they wouldn't, Marconi uses the Imperial Death March music on his show as do Cort and Fatboy, but who knows I tried. Yes I sent them our flyer. Now its onto news Channel 2 Katu............(christ I hope they dont ask for an on air interview! I suck) lol

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Scot, thank you for getting the targets done!

Kirk, thanks for getting 50 Imperial handbooks done!

Knaves, all you have to do is log on here and we will keep  you up to date.  Please come and please bring the lady!!  Robin is on it about the candy.  As far as I am concerned it is fine, but I don't know what kinds of stipulations there may be in doing this.  It can't be any different than that of a bake sale, so I would think that such a thing is completely fine.  Stay Tuned.

Cooter Davis, thanks for getting those out.  If anyone wants or needs on-air I am a microphone and camera whore so I have no issue doing all or both or something.

For everyone, you are welcome to get the flier that Kyle made, print them out and circulate that to the best of your ability!!  That would help out tremendously!

Here are the fliers if they are needed:
http://www.grumpydevil.com/ccg/08-26-2007_WTC_troop(small).pdf (240kb)
http://www.grumpydevil.com/ccg/08-26-2007_WTC_troop.pdf (3mb)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 09:55:05 AM by FireStorm »
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I also emailed every local news station I could think of. I'll call my wife (works in a Doctors office) and see if we can pass out some flyers there...........

Cooter Davis, thanks for getting those out.  If anyone wants or needs on-air I am a microphone and camera whore so I have no issue doing all or both or something.

Yeah but dont you live in blimchuck or BFE or something????
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 09:57:46 AM by Cooter Davis »

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
ahem---found this in my email box this morning.....

Hi Anthony,
I think we should be able to stick a mention or 2 of this event into our morning show on the 26th.  I’ll have it posted on our website community calendar as well.
Thanks,

Jeff Robertson

Assignment Editor
Fox 12 Oregon

*Now somebody just try and tell me I dont deserve a god star!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:04:13 AM by Cooter Davis »

Tags: