Author Topic: MISSION COMPLETE: 'Light Vader's Saber for DCH" event...  (Read 40375 times)

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
 :D Kevin  :D :D
Robin Paynter

Life's too short to be so sour...

Offline rotton

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hey me and my woman would like to come down for this. I'd either do Obi-Wan or a Ep 2 clone. Or both! And my woman has Mando gear, Vhonte Tervho. (Steven and Katie)

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
 :D Rotten + 1  :D :D  If we get to vote, please do Obi-Wan. please
Robin Paynter

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
For those of you wondering what the heck "Lighting Vader's Saber" is... (this idea/concept was Robin's idea) it's a display I made for this event last year that has a clear hollow tube set into Vader's light saber hilt that gets cash donations (wrapped in red tissue paper) dropped into it until it fills up... thus "Lighting Vaders saber".

Me and Robin guarding the "ton o' cash" in the saber last year!

and the all time classic...

Here's Billiam... adjusting hisself (internally I suspect)!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 08:14:13 AM by Stomper »
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
The "crane"... I was performing the "crane" technique. You know like in the Karate Kid??? And NO!!! I was not "dropping the chalupa", as you put it, Tony. Nor was I adjusting myself...

Why do I allow Tony to suck me in like this???? :roll:
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
STAY ON TARGET... flyboy.   :mrgreen:
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
MOLON LABE

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Yeah, yeah....
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Trumby

Well I won't have my armor by then (ended up having to wait to buy it as I am moving in August and I got a sceurity deposit to pay! <.<), but as long as I don't have anything Kumoricon related (we have a meeting the day before so there shouldn't be anything)  I believe I will still be there to meet you all and help out with whatever :)

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
One way or another I will be there - either I will be working onsite, or I will join you guys in my officer's uniform.

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Well either way Bill, just make sure you're wearing SOMETHING.... no nakkie trooping!!!  :shock: :P
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
MOLON LABE

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
*smacks forehead*  :roll:

- Corran Horn

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
The "crane"... I was performing the "crane" technique. You know like in the Karate Kid??? And NO!!! I was not "dropping the chalupa", as you put it, Tony. Nor was I adjusting myself...

Looks like he's got a little 'Cap'n Morgan' in him.   :P :P
Robin Paynter

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I suppose I could do a Capt'n Morgan pose, just for you, Robin!   8)

- Corran Horn

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Checking in...... :D

Kyle, how is the flyer design coming? Anxious to get a few 100 printed off, get the gear on, and ‘troop’ them out.

Martin, do you have all your game bases covered? Do you need more help? BTW: saw your mug in StarWars magazine #95.

To all, I will be out of town Aug 17-22, and will only have 4 days to iron out any wrinkles. So, if you need help getting pix printed, please email me a copy sooooon  ( rtpaytner@yahoo.com) 
Robin Paynter

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
OK here are a list of things that I need:

Fawn can you be responsible to get 5 small, brown teddy bears for Ewoks
Paul can you be responsible to get 5 frisbees
Doug can you be responsible to get 5 wiffle balls

Think Dollar Store!!  Can people please get some of these?

Also I need about 80 targets made up.  These can be printed out and glued to cardboard.  You don't have to shape the cardboard to the target, but it needs to have a slit at the bottom and a slide in tab so it stands up. 

Here are the targets:

Robin can you print out and make 20 of these: http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery-members/album05/targettrooper?full=1

Nick can you print out and make 20 of these: http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery-members/album05/ewok?full=1

Allen can you print out and make 20 of these: http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery-members/album05/jarjar1?full=1

Scot
can you print and make out 20 of these: http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery-members/album05/jawa?full=1

Ara and Kyle and Phil, will this be of any use for advertisement and promotions? http://home.comcast.net/~lcostorage/trooperOLYMPICS4vari.jpg

At this point I need to know what we know about promoting this thing out.  TV, print, radio, satellite, Bill's forehead!  Where are we, what do we need, can it be done, who is doing it, and what can I do?  I have two tv spots ready to go, I just need a cable access address to get them to!!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 04:33:35 PM by FireStorm »
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Tags: