Author Topic: Cops and Krispy Kreme a fundraiser for The Special OIympics / May 5-6th  (Read 19983 times)

Offline Bskull

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Just want to let everyone know, I'm going to try to make it by 12:00 since Beaverton is quite a ways away from NE Portland. I'll try to make it by that time frame asap for you guys. See ya all there. :)

Looks like a long way down.

Offline Daverian

I just got back from day 1, and I thought it went really well! What a blast! I was going to try to hit the free comic book thing too, but by 2pm I was a bit spent. Thanks to all who came! I am anxious to hear how we fared against the competition. Those little kids were so awesome! Thanks for the memories!

Every troop it seems I learn more.

Phil..you are a lifesaver as always! Thanks for the batteries!

Somebody let me know how the comic book thing went.

-d

Offline Bskull

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hey. Thanks for the great time. I'll see what I can do about coming to next event while searching for jobs. :wink:

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
It was awesome!We had a huge crowd and it seemed like one out of three cars that passed had their cellphones out calling somone to come down adn see!The kids were adorable and the donuts yummy! :lol:.it was a fun filled day of trooping and I'm looking forward to tommorow :D
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Here's the pics I took today, I hope that the admins will grant me the ability to upload to the gallery someday  :wink:

http://web.mac.com/philchil/iWeb/Site/Krispy%20Kreme.html

Thanks!

Phil

"the ancient one"
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Someone who returns tomorrow, see if you can get an amount on how much they raised for Special Olympics.

Aside from receiving a rude hand gesture, and almost getting purposely run down by the person who was probably frightened by men in black when s/he was little, it was a good day. Plenty of the little ones. Every time I walked through the building, my helmet fan threw nothing but warm donut smell into my face.

Great to have the local law enforcement there. And Phil, dog gone it. When you went to see about getting a 9 volt, you didn't have to go clear to TARGET!

Great shots, Phil. Tony - now that's what I call positive reinforcement.......

« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 06:17:02 PM by guyactor »

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Nice Pictures Phil....Thanks for coming and helping..   Karyn and I came about 9:15 and trooped till 11:30.  It was great to see the Friends from 501st.    We then went to a Free Comic day event and that went well...busy day.. I hope Special Olympics raised alot of money.. Please let us know....

Dave...glad you came early to help us out at Krispy Kreme...

Very much Fun while we were there, and Glad to hear a great time after.. WOOT.

Allan

« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 07:27:08 PM by Quick2 »
Allan Quick

Offline DoubleTap

• The officer formerly known as wsco911
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I want to thank everyone that took time out of their busy lives to hang out at a donut shop.  I probably won't find out the total amount raised until Monday at the earliest.  One of the Clackamas County Deputies showed up when I was one the roof.  She was jealous, because their band never showed and we were there.

Allan, I liked your new gear.  I was thinking later that you need to get yourself a Stormtrooper belt for that set up also.  There has even been a few guys building the grappling hook box on www.whitearmor.net.

Phil, you never have to leave a troop for batteries, someone always has some.  I know that I always carry AA and 9V.

I will be back on Sunday also and I hope a few will show up to join me.  I know that Bill and Nick2 said they would be there.
Jim TK 1747
Smell Rob's finger.

Offline jedi0506

Hey,  TK7905 here,
That was so cool today at Krispy Kreme...! thanks to everyone for making my first ever troop so awesome. :D  And thanks to Phil for posting those photos!  I had a blast, looking forward to hanging out with you guys again soon. 
Greg
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side...

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Greg, it was nice to have a trooper hanging with us!  8) 8)  You looked great......
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 07:34:43 AM by guyactor »

Offline Bskull

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Well in order to prevent any further sun burn, I will not make it today. If anybody knows how it went, I would be interested too.

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Okay my friends, here's the pics for Sunday's troop at Krispy Kreme. Jim, Bill and Nick2 did a great job. Lots of people and donations.

http://web.mac.com/philchil/iWeb/Site/Krispy%20Kreme%20Sunday.html

Phil

"the ancient one"

Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
OK, I have Kyle's and Phil's photos loaded into the gallery... PHEW!!  :shock:
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards

Thanks Tony, sorry for the extra work - I took a lot of pics (new camera).  :mrgreen:

Phil
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Tags: