Author Topic: Chask's TIE Reserve WIP  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Chask274

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Chask's TIE Reserve WIP
« on: December 12, 2016, 08:13:29 PM »
Hello everybody. Now that I've got a job and have the funding to do so, I figured it was time to start work on my Reserve Pilot build. I plan on getting the flightsuit and gloves from Wampa, and I found some boots that might work with a bit of modification. I'll keep this thread updated as I progress.

Cheers, Chask
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 01:21:38 PM by Chask274 »

Offline Dax Corrin

Re: Chask's TIE Reserve WIP
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 11:18:19 AM »
While not canon, you can consider a lighted comm-pad. I have 2 in different color schemes, 1 for pilot and 1 for gunner. If someone had an issue with the lights, I can simply turn them off.
I re-worked the power supplies for both recently and epoxied some armor bits last weekend and you can see the LEDs in this photo.
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline Chask274

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 01:19:23 PM »
Oh, yeah, I was planning on ordering one of those from Targ.

Offline maxsteele

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 08:50:58 AM »
Hey Chask,

It's a pretty simple build to get together.   The time can be to source all the parts.   I just recently put mine together, so let me know if you have any questions!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline Chask274

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 05:46:10 PM »
So, got a quick update for you guys. While running some errands downtown the other day, I stopped by Andy & Bax and come to find out, they have some decent boots. They're marked as Engineers boots, and have a strap across the front is the ankle, but otherwise look very similar to jackboots. Here's a link to some pics I took of a pair of them: http://imgur.com/a/MdweS

If I were able to find a way to cleanly remove the ankle straps, would these be usable for the TIE Reserve costume? Let me know what you think.

Also, I seem to remember hearing something about someone within the garrison making Officer hats. Is that true, and if so, how would I contact them?

Thanks in advance for any help, and I look forward to hearing what you all have to say on it.

Offline Mosi

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 06:07:11 PM »
Just ditch the strap and the boots are good to go.
pew pew

Tags: