Linked Events

• Dornbecher's Hospital visit: February 17, 2007

Author Topic: '07' Dornbecher's Children's Hospital Visit - Feb. 17th.  (Read 36917 times)

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: '07' Dornbecher's Children's Hospital Visit - Feb. 17th.
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2007, 04:44:40 PM »

Barry, those sound cool -  I thought they were all handed out at OMSI :(.  I definitely know we ran out of a couple of the really nice looking flyers when I was working the table and spotting.

However, if we can't find the ones you're talking about hopefully it would be possible to coordinate who has the original artwork - where were they printed?  We'd still be more than happy to have them reprinted gratis.   :D :D

Phil
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2007, 04:52:56 PM »
Wow, that's a nice offer. Try Ara, Tony or Scot.

If those are out, maybe they'll be up for new ones, dont' know.  8)

Offline xrayman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Skullworx.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2007, 07:07:25 PM »
I don't have that particular file, but will look into creating a centralized file archive that all of us could have access to.
Scot
TK5108 (retired)

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2007, 07:22:58 PM »
Sounds good. Do you forsee any glitches that may occur if the file is available for someone to use...Like, if Phil wants to print some cards..

Barry

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2007, 07:29:12 PM »
 :D  We would like to Thank CCG for the opprotunity to take part in this DBH.   Being our first outing after the business of OMSI.  We Were so touched by Everyone involved.   The kids in Hospital and the reaction to the group was awesome.   Thanks you inviting us to Help.    We will not forget.     You all are so kind.  Thank you DBH and CCG.   Allan                                                                                                                                                                                                             I was so honored to be able to go there and visit the children and only wish i could have done more, they are so great and precious to all of our lives. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be there with them and thank you for your kind words i really appreciate the feedback...i only hope that we can go back again. You might say that the children were touched by us but at the same time we were also touched by them and the strength they showed us and for the strength their families showed it was truly a wonderful experience for us.  So thank you to all that were involved!    Karyn (Princess Leia)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 08:02:59 PM by Quick2 »
Allan Quick

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2007, 07:36:57 PM »
Glad to have you and Karyn with us! You add a broader range of characters for kids or whoever we're with. Your professionalism and sense of fun are great!  8)

Barry
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 10:30:55 PM by guyactor »

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2007, 10:21:40 PM »

I agree, but how about we place content on the back of the card with the URL's for the CCG photo gallery, forum, and parent 501st organization or any other relevant location.
I was asked repeatedly yesterday while spotting for the troops how to find the photo's that were taken during the troop.

If we can come to a design I will print up 1,500 through my work (3 part color). We can even have a mylar faced card material (shiny metallic like surface), let's come up with something with  a great "WOW" factor, after all - when citizens see CCG in costume the first thing they say is "WOW" so let's give them something of the same caliber for PR.

Phil

Hey Phil,

Ara had an excellent CCG business card, but I ran out of what I had, and I can't find the image anywhere...

Based on my recolection of that card, here's something I threw together for a business card:

The front:                                                                                                                                                                       

Alternative Front:

That's all I have time for tonight.... more designs to come.  :wink:
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2007, 10:25:45 PM »
That's it. Anything on the back, Tony?

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2007, 06:26:32 AM »
Heya Barry,

Yes, I'm going to make a back design as well... tonight after work!  I'm thinking a large transparent Imperial Cog as the background, then some CCG and Legion info over the top of that.  :D

Phil, I would like to chip in for an additional 1500 so we can have 3,000 of these cards for the garrison!  Thanks!
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline Rosey

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2007, 07:59:05 AM »
I still have those!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 08:02:57 AM by Rosey »
Ara / Ar'alani
ID/TB-7673
Honorary CO of the Georgia Garrison
Survivor of the Pasadena Death March

Offline xrayman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Skullworx.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2007, 08:18:05 AM »
Sounds good. Do you forsee any glitches that may occur if the file is available for someone to use...Like, if Phil wants to print some cards..

Barry

We're getting off topic, but I would think that would be fine for that particular file, but we may not want other files easily available to the general public, like say, our original artwork for swag.
Scot
TK5108 (retired)

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2007, 08:42:32 AM »

IMHO None of CCG artwork should be made available to the "general public" as it could be misused (either intentionally or not) - it should at least be centrally archived and administered by say PR.

As for me - since I am not a member of CCG, but a member of the "general public"  :lol: - I will provide you with a secure FTP site to upload the files for set-up and print in this endeavor.

Phil

Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2007, 08:52:33 AM »
Thanks Scot. Tony, are you workin' too hard again? 8)

No. not the general public Phil, but your progeny are almost CCG (or are they now?) and you're headed there, so we'll let ya help with the cards.

DCH has been completed, so 'off topic' is ok, yeah? :roll:  8)

Again, thanks to all who attended Doernbecher's. You made it a fantastic time for the children. In my book, that's what it's all about. :)

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2007, 09:37:41 AM »
Pics are in the gallery!

BA

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2007, 10:53:23 AM »
              My grandson received a new heart at Stanford on Sept 1. He was in Doernbecher's Hosp this week having a biopsy and receiving meds to alleviate rejectioning. Your visit today was so awesome! I was the old guy with the phone camera and my grandson is Noah, the little 5 year old who loves Darth so much. You posed with him, you gently touched him; all of you meant so much to him. Thank you. Thank you.
And by the way, Leia is much more beautiful than that impostor who played you in the movies! You rock, L!! Thanks again.
                All of you, if you knew how much good you are doing, you would likely blush. But keep it up.
Sincerely
Ron Sourdill

Thank you, Ron for the nice words. It is a privilage for us to visit Doernbecher's. And, your grandson! Tell him "Hi" from the "star wars people."

Our hope is he continues positive progress on his stay there.

Regards,

Barry Andrews (Picture Taker)

Tags: