Author Topic: R2 makes it to Judge Joe Brown....Sadly  (Read 5696 times)

Offline greedo

R2 makes it to Judge Joe Brown....Sadly
« on: February 24, 2011, 09:58:28 PM »
Just thought I would pass this on,,,, I think it's worth the read. :wink:

Tomorrow ( Friday 02/25 ) at 2:30PM, On Ch 49, R2D2 sadly makes his courtroom TV debut.  

Here's the quick version of how this transpired

Astromech.net is the building community where R2 builders gather to learn how to make astromechs.  It has been a cornerstone of knowledge and resources that TONS of people ( Including myself ) have gone to learn and share.  As like the 501st, the R2 builders group is something the Lucas people are aware of and have supported our existence.  However, it is with the understanding that we are a builders group for individuals to gather information to make their own personal droid.....Not building them with the intent to sell.  

So new people seem to always post on the forum that they are amazed with a R2D2 that they saw at an event and want to know where they can "BUY" one. They are politely reminded to look at the "Rules before Posting" section where it clearly states that we are a BUILDERS group and not a store.  ( Keep in mind this is just so we can still have the blessing of George... it's not to be snobby )

So this is where Judge Joe Brown comes into the picture.  Awhile back, a new member of the astromech website asked to buy an R2.  He got the usual responses, but he was also approached on the down-low by someone else offering to build him one for a crazy amount of money.  they came to an agreement and the dude got eventually ripped off.  So he decided to sue the guy for not providing him with a droid and taking his money.  He also felt it would be great for daytime court tv as well because it's on tomorrow.

Just thought I would pass this on because it's been a huge deal in the R2 builders group for a couple of months now.  

Chris
''greedo''
F**K you Photobucket!

Offline Ilovesanddirt

Re: R2 makes it to Judge Joe Brown....Sadly
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 10:40:51 PM »
That is AWESOME!  And sad.  And true.  And hilarious!  And a person should know better.  Both sides.  :mrgreen:

Offline greedo

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 10:48:38 PM »
I've got both Tvos set to record 8)
F**K you Photobucket!

Offline ClonenolC

• Cloud City Retired
  • my backpack's got jets... no, for real!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 03:45:19 AM »
Help me Judge Joe Brown, you're my only hope - I'm hoping the person who "sold" through R2 has been blacklisted from the R2 boards.  If some dude wanted an R2 unit built that badly, he should've gone to the site that shall not be named  :twisted:
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Offline Aysel

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 05:56:54 AM »
I'll be watching this, I just hope Judge Brown doesn't make fun of the "geeks"

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 08:05:43 AM »
Help me Judge Joe Brown, you're my only hope - I'm hoping the person who "sold" through R2 has been blacklisted from the R2 boards.  If some dude wanted an R2 unit built that badly, he should've gone to the site that shall not be named  :twisted:

R2BG?

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 11:17:31 AM »
the new episode came on today and there was nothing about R2 builder. I even checked website. keep us posted or share the link.. This is very interesting.
Allan Quick

Offline Mosi

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 11:29:02 AM »
the new episode came on today and there was nothing about R2 builder. I even checked website. keep us posted or share the link.. This is very interesting.

It's at 2:30pm and my DVR is set. You have to look for the PDX Fox channel, which is 713 or 13 on comcast.
pew pew

Offline ClonenolC

• Cloud City Retired
  • my backpack's got jets... no, for real!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 11:29:25 AM »

R2BG?

Um... not sure what site that is.  I was thinking of another site.  Based somewhere on one of the islands in the Pacific.
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Offline greedo

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 12:03:02 PM »

There are two episodes on back to back.  The guide says "a robot deal goes bad"
F**K you Photobucket!

Offline Aysel

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 12:06:23 PM »

There are two episodes on back to back.  The guide says "a robot deal goes bad"

^^this on PDX, whatever channel that is for you, it's 13 for me

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 01:11:06 PM »
Not here in Eugene.. DOH.. I guess we are a day behind Joe Brown Episodes.
Allan Quick

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 03:33:13 PM »

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 05:25:14 PM »
so whats the verdict?

Offline Aysel

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 05:32:51 PM »
the defendant didn't deliver his product so he had to pay, and the plaintiff ended up building his own after the fact

Tags: