Author Topic: MISSION COMPLETE: 'Light Vader's Saber for DCH" event...  (Read 40379 times)

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
MISSION COMPLETE: 'Light Vader's Saber for DCH" event...
« on: July 10, 2007, 04:42:40 PM »
UPDATED:Aug 24 2007
EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK UPDATES AND CHECK IN. A LOT IS GOING ON. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW & UNDERSTAND ASSIGNMENTS REGARDING THE TROOPER OLYMPICS.

BANNERS: What do we have?  Where are they now ? And are they  (& how) coming to this event?
CCG parade with tall stand-
48 hours of the Force-
(Vader's Saber)- Martin has it

WHAT: Cloud CIty Garrison 2nd Annual Charity Fundraiser for Doernbecher's Childrens Hospital
WHEN: Aug 26th Sunday TIME: 12noon-4pm
WHERE: World Trade Center 121 SW Salmon Downtown Portland OR 97204 Building 2 plaza courtyard(corner of 1st/SW Salmon)
EXTRA: free street parking, you pay onsite parking garage, food/water, Nerf shooting course for members, you provide photos for autographing $1 donations, camera crew/spotters
ARRIVAL TIME:   Robin and her crew will be arriving about 8:30-9:00am to get doors open and set up event tables and food tables. If you are involved with Trooper Olympics - check with Martin as to his arrival time. And, if you are coming and only need to suit up - well.. how long will that take you?  :wink:
EVENT GROUP PICTURE: 1ST PIC OF THE EVENT - 12NOON !!

http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=1458.0       Last year thread
http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=7928     Last year pix  2006

We have been INKED in for Aug 26th. 12noon-4pm

We will have full access to a closed to public conference room for gearing up/gearing down, eating and socializing. Being on Sunday, free street parking if you get there soon enough, otherwise,on site parking (elevator access to our area) approx $10. Of course, our CCG Stewards will make sure we are fed and watered, again. Camera crew has been notified, and working on securing a few extra spotters for this event.

This year's menu is looking to be: BBQ beef and BBQ chicken sandwiches, veg burgers (thank you, Kyle), cold pasta salad, green salad, a jello dessert, veg plate, fruit plate....

Everyone-CCG, Titan, DarkSide, AlphaBase, Kashyyk... thinking they might attend- print up some pix of yourself- they are worth $1 each for DCH (& find your favorite pen for autographing). If you need a printer, send me your pic and I'll do it. (rtpaynter@yahoo.com).

Requesting assistance:
 FLYER IS DONE !! Nice job, Kyle. At least print off some and get them handed out in your own areas of home/work.
http://www.grumpydevil.com/ccg/08-26-2007_WTC_troop(small).pdf (240kb)
http://www.grumpydevil.com/ccg/08-26-2007_WTC_troop.pdf (3mb)

http://www.501stcloudcitygarrison.com/stuff/501stActivityBook/   link to coloring books. Print away, Folks.

Thank you:
Kyle, for taking care of the newspaper advertising and handout flyer design.
Martin, for heading up the Competition Course.
Tony, for making sure the event has CCG banner and ‘Vader’s Saber’
Ara, also, for the handout flyer design and distribution
Cooter, promotional announcements.

Fawn, can you be responsible to get 5 small, brown teddy bears for Ewoks
Paul, can you be responsible to get 5 frisbees
Doug, can you be responsible to get 5 wiffle balls

Hosey - "Top Secret" activity books.

Also  need about 80 targets made up.  These can be printed out and glued to cardboard.  You don't have to shape the cardboard to the target, but it needs to have a slit at the bottom and a slide in tab so it stands up. 

Roster: Aug 26th
Nick2-VADER
Rick-Chewie
Robin-TK5604
Martin(Firestorm)-
Scot(Xrayman)-
Kyle-Commander Bacara
Phil(AncientFan)-
Bill(Tav)-?
Quick2/Karyn+1-TK/Luke
Pepito-TK/Raven
Trumby-
Qui-Fawn- Jedi
Ara-
Doug-Maul
Kevin-Jedi
Rotten +1-ObiWan/Clone/Mando
Zolotkey -spotter
RanHundai-TB/Clone
Bskull-TB
Tim-Jedi
Jeffery-TK
Chris-
SaberWolf-TK
Cooter-spotter
Chris~Fett/Jedi Scum
HanSolo-

DCH Troop Aug 25th thread:    www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=2266.msg28007#new

This surely is a busy weekend, and both events need YOU
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 12:06:48 PM by rtpaynter »
Robin Paynter

Life's too short to be so sour...

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Sounds awesome. I may be fighting the night before in Cresent City, but nothings official yet. Put me down as a maybe.
Paul

Offline Trumby

Ah man, I'd love to do this as well as the DCH troop if I can get my armor done in time! *crosses fingers*

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Pepito, I've penciled you in. Do hope you can make it.
Trumby, you're on the list,

Thank you.
Robin Paynter

Qui-Fawn

Count me in too!  Jedi scum present and accounted for!  :D

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
 :D Qui-Fawn  :D
Robin Paynter

Offline Rosey

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Count me in.  TB.  :-)
Ara / Ar'alani
ID/TB-7673
Honorary CO of the Georgia Garrison
Survivor of the Pasadena Death March

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
 :D  Ara  :D 8)
Robin Paynter

Offline doug8421

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Pencil me in for Maul if I can get the makeup done up ok. That, and I am trying to find a good pic to use.

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Doug,  :D penciled in. Do you need assistance in taking New pictures??
Robin Paynter

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Please Note the date/time. August Sunday 26th at 12noon to 4pm has been set.
Robin Paynter

Offline doug8421

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
The major holdup on the pictures is finding time to do the whole paint scheme well and my normal person who does the paint moved out of town for school :(. I will figure out something though.

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Doug, if you want armor for the day let me know and I will put you in my Desert Trooper!

FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Plan for TROOPER OLYMPICS:

Trooper games (based on CIV activities):

All Events for troopers are conducted with Helmets and Armor on except where noted.  Jedi may participate but MUST wear a helmet when performing the course.

Event #1:
Trooper teams compete against one another in a costuming contest.  One member is in undersuit only, the other members must fully armor the member without the help of the member.  Each team competes at the same time, the winner being judged by fastest time completed.

Event #2 – The Course:
The course consists of one team going at a time for fastest time on the course.  The course itself is marked out on the ground in masking tape. 

-The first heat is the target table, in which troopers shoot nerf guns at targets on 4 tables lined up on either side of a path.  They can only use the rounds that are loaded in the gun.  Troopers can continue to shoot as long as they have nerf darts.  Each hit target deducts 2 seconds of time from overall time. Troopers who cross the designate line add 5 seconds to their time.

-The second heat has four steps, one trooper at each of the first three and two troopers at the final step of this heat: 
   Step 1; trooper shoots a nerf gun at the open mouth of Jar Jar Binks.  Each nerf dart    successfully through the mouth takes two seconds off the overall time. 
   Step 2; the next trooper throws 5 plastic whiffle balls (like snow balls) through the mouth of a    Wampa, each one successfully through deducts 2 seconds off overall time. 
   Step 3; the trooper throws 5 Frisbees through a Death Star exhaust port, each frisbee through    deducts 2 seconds off the overall time.
   Step 4; Two troopers, preferably one that is a Biker Scout, will toss 5 Ewok dolls (teddy bears).     One trooper will toss the dolls to the second (preferably the biker scout), the second catching    them in their helmet.  Each Ewok is worth 2 seconds off the overall time.

-The third heat consists of the Ewok catcher placing their helmet on their head, batting their way through a series of Ewok cut outs on the ground and making their way to the final heat.  There is no time or score value to the ground Ewoks.

-The fourth heat is the final part of the course where the Ewok catcher, who has made it through the batting section, gets on a skate board or razor scooter and makes their way through a narrow course of corners that has tree obsticles.  Each tree touched adds 2 seconds to the final time.  The course is over when the trooper on the skate board/scooter crosses the finish line.
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Wilson Kaine

• Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I wouldlove to do this, put me down

Kevin (jedi)
Kevin
Soon, My journey towards the Dark Side will be COMPLETE!!!

Tags: