Author Topic: Event in Idaho near Washington border.  (Read 11454 times)

Offline My Only Fettish

• Cloud City Member
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Event in Idaho near Washington border.
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 12:39:32 PM »
Man I need to read the board more often!  I MISSED THIS!!!  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!    :cry: :evil:

Maybe on the 23rd...
Theresa
BH 2828

Hun helmet

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 03:27:49 PM »
  Theresa,

I know idaho was not very impressive compared to the bigger events you do :mrgreen: But next year the SA would love to have all three of us back to kick it off I think on the day after thanksgiving. The big shopping holiday. If we can all make it I think we can cherry pick our location and I  was thinking about the mall. Maybe we can get an exemption about the rules on wearing masks inside.

And if Vader does not have a better costume by then we'll throw him into my spare TK AFX. :) And anyone else near enough is more then welcome.

I know it's a long way off and even I don't know if I can make it yet but something to think about. We are in like flynn with the Salvation army and hopfully our hand outs will net a new member or two.

Great meeting you in person and your Fett was really impressive,

Mike
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 12:41:10 PM by Hun helmet »

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 03:55:54 PM »
WAY TO GO MIKE!!  :D

That is SURELY a great way to make the 501st know in your part of the country!  I remember PM-ing with you a little less than a year ago, and you were kinda bummed out that you were the only one in your area.
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline My Only Fettish

• Cloud City Member
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 04:16:16 PM »
Hey Mike, I had a blast.  I'm sorry I bailed early on you guys.  I was up until midnight trying to get my stuff done, and I didn't get it done.  I had to work on it the next morning, and we left late--we barely made it to my parents' place before the Christmas Eve party began.   :shock:  That's what I get for trooping instead of doing things I SHOULD be doing...  :?

I had a great time.  We'll have to see if we can come up with any other events!!  And hey, maybe next time I'll get to see Vader's face.   :D
Theresa
BH 2828

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 05:52:33 PM »
......maybe next time I'll get to see Vader's face.   :D

What..Mine isn't pretty enough?? :wink:

BA

Hun helmet

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 12:44:40 PM »
WAY TO GO MIKE!!  :D

That is SURELY a great way to make the 501st know in your part of the country!  I remember PM-ing with you a little less than a year ago, and you were kinda bummed out that you were the only one in your area.

Hey Tony, sorry I don't recall. I don't do well with names in the first place and am finding it almost impossible to get to know any TK's. YOU people all look the same hahahaha. TK Numbers and dyslexia don't help me either.

Does the garrison have a events photo section I could check out?

Mike :mrgreen:

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 02:13:26 PM »
LOL... that's OK Mike!  You mentioned you were frustrated because noboy in your area seemed to stay excited after they saw your gear in action... it was about the time shortly after you trooped some theater event.  I suggested you let some folks try out wearing the armor.... blah blah blah.  :lol:

Here's the link to our events photo gallery: http://www.501stcloudcitygarrison.com/gallery2/main.php

you can also just go to out Home page and see a bunh of buttons on the left to take you wherever: http://www.501stcloudcitygarrison.com

Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
MOLON LABE

Hun helmet

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 06:15:47 PM »
Hey Mike, I had a blast.  I'm sorry I bailed early on you guys.  I was up until midnight trying to get my stuff done, and I didn't get it done.  I had to work on it the next morning, and we left late--we barely made it to my parents' place before the Christmas Eve party began.   :shock:  That's what I get for trooping instead of doing things I SHOULD be doing...  :?

I had a great time.  We'll have to see if we can come up with any other events!!  And hey, maybe next time I'll get to see Vader's face.   :D

Well, you really made most of the time we were booked for so I could not ask for more. Just having you there for the photos was good enough for me. I trust you got the photos I sent you. Hoping they also qualify for posting on your garrison's section. They should be up at Alpine soon.

I am sorry you were so busy, That you were so busy means I appreciated the support all the more. I hope your husband was not too miffed, we want him to stay supportive of your hobby even if he thinks the 501st is an eye roller?  :roll: Maybe he will come out some day and I can meet him too.

Now for what you missed, not much as you can imagine but it did seem to pick up after dark and I don't know why. Most times as night fall comes on things slow down. But it picked up and we had mom's standing in the rain to get photos with the kids. Donations slacked until it picked up then they were pretty brisk.
  Two little boys were just all eyes on the costumes and later I saw them in the store. Absolutely mesmerized at the sight of the Stormtrooper. One reached out and lifted my hand armor up to see what was under it. Probably looking for signs of life LOL. But they were in such awe that they could not respond when I would talk to them. Just speechless. Now I wish I had gotten in on the card run so I could have given them something. I decided not to spend the 100 or so dollars cause I thought I'd be stuck with every last one of them for too long. And really I still would be but the future does look better here.
  So as it got darker two people showed up just over the news coverage. So that worked a little too. I eventually broke down and got the blaster back out. Oh ya you were there when I first got it and was walking up when the Police drove by. Kudos to the Lewiston Police Department for not over reacting and blasting me dead on the spot :) I was ready to t drop the sucker at a moment's notice. Anyway because things picked up I had to get it out again. And it did finally stop raining. In fact it even seemed to warm up as it got darker.

Only other thing of note was the teen drunks that showed up. I was in the store and They hassled Vader outside and then came in and found me warming up and hassled me.
  I tried to play with them in character as I had not yet figured out they were drunk. The one kid got a little confrontational so I backed up and said, "Have you been drinking?" This letting him know I knew he was on something. He mocked me by asking me the same. I said we don't drink on duty and I turned around and walked out. I say to Vader, I take it two punks just hassled you? He says yes they sure did LOL  We expected them back for more trouble but when they left the actually donated rather then be punks again so I thanked them (Hey thanks guys!)  and all was good. I think that donation was their way of apologizing.
  In the store some kids where there and one started hacking me up with his invisible light saber so I step up so they can hear and say, "Let me see your Identification!"  They all ran away laughing. I shrugged and resumed my warm up walk. It was over soon after. When Vader took off the helmet he was all dripping sweat. He needs some fans. Well a new Vader will take care of any problems with it as he is going to work on it.

So we always have the SA thing here and we can work on Trooping the free comic book day at the Moscow Comic book shop if it's still in business next time :) Last time I contacted them a little late and it did not pan out.

THE ONLY THING I worry about in our area of operations is over exposure. I know when I first saw a TK on ebay I was stunned and got excited seeing that they are out there. But owning one and a spare since March 2005 I have gotten used to it and the thrill has lessened. My nephew wanted a TK costume too but now after seeing mine so much he's desensitized and couldn't care less. I can't even talk him into wearing my spare in support. So I can see that with over exposure in our area the public could become desensitized too.

Anyone ever notice public desensitizing in other areas?

Mike

Offline My Only Fettish

• Cloud City Member
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2006, 09:14:19 PM »
Sounds like I missed out.  Next time...   :)
Theresa
BH 2828

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2006, 09:56:50 PM »
Anyone ever notice public desensitizing in other areas?

Mike

I've only notice that in private areas, and I can't talk about THAT in public!  :wink:
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
MOLON LABE

Hun helmet

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2006, 01:05:01 PM »
  You better calm down!!!  :mrgreen:

Tags: