Author Topic: MISSION COMPLETE: Special Olympics Summer Games June 28  (Read 4917 times)

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
MISSION COMPLETE: Special Olympics Summer Games June 28
« on: June 09, 2008, 10:02:40 PM »
Well folks here it is.  Sorry I have been lagging on this!

Date:
June 28th and 29th (Both Saturday and Sunday but our appearance is schedule for Saturday, June 28th only!)
Times: TBA

Special Olympics is having its event again and we were a huge draw.  Not only that they have been getting calls and requests for our return.  So here we come.  We have been asked to bring the background.  Since that is not mine or ours to lay claim to I will put this out as a formal request to have the backdrop for pictures.

If we get the backdrop I would like to run photos in this fashion: Photos taken by people who are there with there cameras are encouraged to make a $2 donation that will go to Special Olympics.  If we take a picture, the same $2 request is to be honored and we can give them one of our business cards and they can do to our gallery and download the picture of them and print it at home (or whatever it is they want to do with it).  Again, all the donations would go to Special Olympics.

We will have tables there for stuff.  As well I would like to put on the games again as I did at WTC for Robin.  I will need to get the stuff from Pepito or have it there that day.  I will also need to make new targets for some of the games.  I am not sure if I will run it the exact same way but I will try to come close.  Hopefully we won't have the wind issues, but if so I will try to devise something to counteract it.  I will be making new targets for the ranges that come after the table targets.  It would be great to run in teams again, and I will supply as many helmets as I can for kids.

Roster up:

Martin - Airborne and games
Bill - Officer or CorSec
Daverian
Wilson Kane

« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 08:06:01 PM by Quick2 »
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Special Olympics Summer Games June 28
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 10:40:10 PM »
Sign me up for this one as well..... I wouldn't miss it for the world. Come on troopers, let's do this. Last year was a blast!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Hoot

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 02:18:54 AM »
Firestorm,

Is this event still on?  If it is, is a spotter needed?
-Matthew

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 09:36:42 AM »
Oomar... this event is still on and yes, we could always use a spotter. Call me later for other details, after 3pm. I will PM you the number.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Rosey

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 02:47:35 PM »
I'll try to be there.  Flying in tonight from LA and might be too tired, but I will try!
Ara / Ar'alani
ID/TB-7673
Honorary CO of the Georgia Garrison
Survivor of the Pasadena Death March

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 05:59:24 PM »
Ara, don't exert yourself! Take care of yourself first... we will handle this alright if you can't make it.

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 04:50:05 PM »
Things went very well today. I cooked a little bit again, but it was all good. Steph (Sigmarue), and her friend, came out and hung out with us for a little bit. That was nice. We managed to have another stormtrooper (Nimster) show up a little later, so that started to even up the odds a bit. I had my buddy, Tim, come out there. So we had a Biker Scout, a Stormtrooper, a Jedi and Corran Horn, Corellian Security!

It was good. We played on the police equipment again. Portland had one of the police bikes there again, so I got pics of me on the bike..... and yes, even Nick got to write me a ticket this time!  :shock:

This was an excellent troop again! I want to thank EVERYONE who came out and helped make this event another good one for Cloud City Garrison. All of you guys rock!

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: MISSION COMPLETE: Special Olympics Summer Games June 28
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 09:52:50 PM »
I have opened an album in the photo gallery for pics of this event. It is titled "Oregon Special Olympics 2008". So, Nick, go ahead and upload your photos at your earliest convenience.

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 05:59:41 PM »
Photos are uploaded for this event!

Ok, I am having issues here.... I log in and I can see the photos that I have uploaded into the album, but nobody else can see them. Can some other admin look to see what I did wrong and maybe fix it for me? Thanks! Sorry, Nick2, I tried to get them up for you and everyone else who wanted to see them.

- Bill
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 06:43:48 PM by tavrikgannon »

- Corran Horn

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 08:27:54 PM »
fixed!
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 08:31:07 PM »
Thanks, man. Would you PM me and tell me what I did that botched it up? Thanks!

Also, you might want to check to see if that album I created for the Volcano Stadium event was set up right... I could very well have botched that up, too!  :roll:

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Tags: