Author Topic: Newby Saying hello.  (Read 2457 times)

Offline ceekalia

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Newby Saying hello.
« on: July 28, 2014, 09:49:11 PM »
First off let me say thank you for accepting me, secondly, I have been a Star Wars fan since '77.  My interest is in making a Tusken Raider uniform.  ANH screen used mask if possible.  I understand that there is a lot of detail involved, and I have no experience with the art of costume design or making.  I have already joined the Krayt Clan forums and have started to research the posts regarding the Tuskens.  I have a different question, though, is it possible to make a different character that is still canon?  I am thinking Weequay, or Pau'an.

Offline Leia8674

Re: Newby Saying hello.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 09:54:13 PM »
Welcome!!!
Macy

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 11:36:13 PM »
Greetings.

Regarding your question about other alien species costumes it would depend on what you want to do with them. For the 501st, I think that they allow Weequay skiff guards (though don't quote me on that) but I don't think they'd allow a Pau'an of any kind other than, possibly, Tion Medon. But, again, I can't say that for certain. If you're not wanting to do a skiff guard or Tion Medon and want to do a more generic Weequay/Pau'an/whatever you could do so in the Rebel Legion with a pilot or Jedi (or, I would imagine, a Rebel trooper like Endor, Hoth or Fleet). You could also do a Sora Bulq costume for the Rebel Legion-- Sora Bulq was a Weequay Jedi.
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline ceekalia

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 07:41:17 AM »
Thank you for responding, I was thinking of a Skiff Guard.  I will look into it further.  I would like to remain with the Imperials.  Is anyone familiar with how many Tuskens are available from SW:ANH (SW) other than the two already mentioned (Lead attacking and Bantha rider).

Offline NavySith

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 12:02:23 PM »
Welcome

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 01:59:31 PM »
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Kraytclan_CRL

The male ANH Tusken is described here with all of the items required for approval.

The Skiff Guard CRL (Costume Reference Library: the "rules" we follow to create costumes) isn't yet defined. That will be an intensive process if you want to create one as it will require extra scrutiny, likely from both the detachment and legion level before it can be approved. However, you could then be the model for future Skiff Guards to use for their costumes, which is kind of cool.

Get signed up on the Krayt Clan detachment forums if you're not already. That's where you'll get most of the info you need to build a Tusken. www.kraytclan.com

We do have a Tusken in the group (Mark), so maybe he can give you some tips, too.

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 11:14:42 AM »
hello and welcome
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Blacky no stars

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 01:01:36 AM »
Welcome.